Eagle Cal #104 P-47

Started by Tom Bebout · 18 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Was at the Louisville IPMS show last weekend and when I saw these decals on a vendor table I couldn't resist. Already an Academy P-47 kit so why not build this tribute as well. Just finished a Hobby Boss F4F so the table was clear and I immediately started on the cockpit. When I'm done I'll go back to the P-51D Going to do her as Norma-Little Bunny-Helen which originally was a Brazilian plane reprocessed by the USAAF.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Very nice set of decals, Tom @tom-bebout
    The cockpit does look very realistic.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Nice one Tom. I like what I see ! In particular I especially like how the pilot seat looks. The harness and how everything is painted looks perfect.

Keep it going and I’ll definitely be checking in on occasion to see how it’s going.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Great entry, my friend @tom-bebout! Cockpit looks superb!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Got some bench time so I buttoned up the fuselage, applied the wings, finished the engine, then attached it to the fuselage along with the cowl. So far no problems or issues.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Great progress, my friend @tom-bebout!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Very nice engine, Tom @tom-bebout

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Excellent scheme choice, Tom. Looking good.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Got some pant time in these last two days and she's starting to shape up a bit. Used Model Master olive drab with a little bit of wood added to lighten her up a bit. The other colors are Tamiya's XF-3 Flat Yellow and XF-81 Dark Green RAF. The cowl is Model Master Insignia Red. Next up, lets add some of those Eagle Cal decals.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Really nice painting, my friend @tom-bebout!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 6 months ago:

That was beautiful work on the seat and harness, Tom. Very realistic.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great paint result, Tom @tom-bebout

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Huston we have decals, really nice decals and no issues or problems were encountered. Top coat of Future/Pledge has been applied now it's time to add more bits and pieces and do some weathering. Amazing how it's those little details that take up sooo much time. Found a data plate decal in the spares box for the engine. Just a little added detail.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Looks fantastic, my friend @tom-bebout! Always great to fit an engine with its plate, a little touch that adds a lot!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice decalling, Tom @tom-bebout. The data plate is indeed a nice little addition.