Thank you

Started by Frederick J Seitz III · 17 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Thank you for the invite! I am thinking of doing one of the Hobby Boss, Focke Wulf Fw-190D-9’s. Maybe a Ta-152? I’ll have to check the decal stash and see what I have.
    Thanks again Tom!

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Hey All,
    I just started building the Hobby Boss 1:48 scale, FW-190D-9.

I must say, it’s not a bad little kit right from the box. So far it’s going together very well.
    I posted a couple of pictures here of the progress. The pictures on the stand are the model NOT glued, and just placed the parts to check fit. I’m liking this kit and I recommend it.
    Markings will be those of Oblt. Hand Dortenmann, 3. Staffel, JG 26, Germany, 1945. They can be found on the Eagle Cals sheet, EC-21.

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Nice start, my friend @fjs3! It indeed looks a very good kit.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 9 months ago:

This looks very promissing, Frederick @fjs3

• Profile Photo
    Frederick J Seitz III said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Here's more progress on the D-9. I have the prop and spinner painted in RLM-70. The rudder and chin are yellow. Wheel wells, landing gear, tail wheel, and inside of gear covers are RLM-02. Undersides are now, as of this writting, RLM-76. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the greens go on, RLM-80, 82. Then the mottling...I can't wait!
    While he paint is drying I can put on the little decals that go on the gear, spinner and prop. That way I'm still moving toward the goal line!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year, 8 months ago:

You're doing a good advertisement for the HB kit, Freddie! This looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking very good, my friend @fjs3!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Nice progress, Frederick @fjs3

• Profile Photo

Update: 1:48 Scale Hobby Boss Fw-190D-9
    Got paint thrown at her, all the main colors are applied. RLM 82 and 83 over RLM 76 with Mottling of RLM 65. I have to touch up a little overspray, and add more mottling of the two greens, especially on the nose and tail fin. Using Gunze Solvent based paint on this bird.
    Here are the shots!

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 8 months ago:

Looking superb, my friend @fjs3!

• Profile Photo

Very nice paintwork, Frederick @fjs3

• Profile Photo

Hobby Boss 1:48 Scale Focke-Wulf Fw-190D-9.

Markings are those of Oblt. Hans Dortenmann, who was the highest scoring German pilot while flying the 'Dora'. He was in command of 3/JG26 and flew this aircraft from April 1944 till the war ended.

The kit itself is not a bad little kit. It went together quite well. Detail is nice and everything lined up without too much fuss.Very little seam work was needed, which made me a VERY happy boy!

I did try a few new things with this kit. The model is built straight from the box, sans decals, which are from Eagle Editions. Nothing wrong with the kit's, I just liked these aftermarket stuff. They were great and responded well with Micro Set/Sol. Also I used MIG weathering pencils, thinned oils, pastel chalks, and I found this stuff from the UK, Floury Washes. Stuff is fabulous!

Anyway, nice kit and a decent build, good bang for the buck, and I recommend it.

Here's the pictures...

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

You turned this kit into an amazing Dora, Frederick @fjs3
    Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

An amazing Dora indeed, my friend @fjs3!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Beautiful Dora, Frederick @fjs3. Worthy contribution to the group build.