Aircraft Book Titles written by Jim Sullivan

Started by Louis Gardner · 6 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Here is a list showing some of the aircraft books that Jim has written over the years. As long as he wrote about the aircraft type, it is eligible for the build.

Most of these books are specific to one type of aircraft, such as the Corsair, Skyraider, or a Hellcat.

But he wrote about jet planes too,

and twin engine Navy planes like the Neptune patrol bomber, and the S2F Tracker.

One really cool book that covered a lot of different planes was named "Bent and Battered Wings: USN / USMC Damaged Aircraft 1943-1953. Sadly I don't have a copy of this one in my book collection, so I can't list the individual types that are covered in this book.

If someone here has this book, and would be willing to go through it to see which kinds of planes were in it, that would really be fantastic.

Even better would be if they could list the types covered in it here under this posting.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the covers of some books he authored. This doesn't cover all of them by any means. I don't have a picture of the Neptune Patrol Bomber book. If someone here has the book, and would like to post a picture of the cover here, please feel free to do so.

These books are shown as a suggestion to help you with coming up with building ideas.

Also please keep in mind that Jim wrote various magazine articles over the years too. This would also be an eligible type of build for this group.

Thanks in advance.

• Profile Photo
    said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

I have this one: F9F Panther/Cougar in Action.

I forgot Jim wrote the Crusader book, I have a Hasegawa 1/48 F-8E with USMC "Death Angels" markings.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

I have both "Bent and Battered Wings: USN/USMC Damaged Aircraft 1943-1953" and "Golden Wings 1941-1945: USN/USMC Aircraft of World War II". Both books have a huge variety of different aircraft flown during these periods and would allow the construction of almost any USN or USMC aircraft. I plan to build at least two different planes I found in these books.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for all this info, my friend @lgardner!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for sharing this info, Louis @lgardner

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for this @lgardner. Lots of ideas for inspiration.