Hobby Craft Corsair

Started by Rory Wilson · 10 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Hi All, I never knew Jim, but this is a great initiative. I seldom to never build aircraft, but I have this (i think) very old Hobby Craft example in my stash which I am keen to build for this group. I first need to get a few other projects off the bench, but hopefully I will get started in the next 6 weeks or so. First step is it is out of the cupboard!

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Great entry, my friend @rory! Welcome to our GB!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Spiros @fiveten. Not sure that it will be such a great entry. I looked through the kit at lunchtime and it is from 1994 (which is printed on the decal sheet), so it is an old kit at best and has very little detail. Anyway, I will give it a shot.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Brave man to take on a HobbyCraft kit! Looking forward to this.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

A great entry, Rory @rory
    Although an old kit, I'm sure you will get a great Corsair out of it.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Bebout said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Welcome to the GB Rory, that kit though dated, will still be a addition to the group.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Looking forward to watching this build, Rory (@rory). I still have a couple of these in the stash.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the welcome to the group! Greg @gkittinger, not sure about brave...,it is the only one I have and ignorance goes a long way towards bad decisions...LOL. John @johnb and Tom @tom-bebout, I will do my best with what I have and it will give me the opportunity to try a few modifications as the kit is VERY basic to say the least. George @gblair, I may have to lean on you for advise seeing as you have a few in the stash. I am amazed at the depth of knowledge that all you gentlemen have regarding the specifics of your individual builds! Although I fly RC planes, I very seldom build plastic versions (race cars and bikes are my thing) so I may need to lean on the group members for guidance. Happy modeling.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Rory Wilson (@rory)
    Welcome to the group. Hobbycraft kits get a bad wrap a lot it seems. Some or OK while others no so much. I recently finished up a Hurricane of theirs and it was a fun build that fit pretty good too.

I am looking forward to what you do here. I also "tinker" with RC planes. I scratch build most of my stuff, mainly WW1 era and in 1/6 scale.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks for the welcome Louis @lgardner, I also love the old WW1 fabric covered RC planes and have scratch built a few. Generally I fly a Stick or Sport scale planes most weekends. Only take the special ones out for special occassions. I am looking forward to trying a plastic plane as it will use different techniques. I am going to go for the "well used look".