Jacksonville Naval Air Reserve F4U-4 construction stalled........

Started by Philip A. Stelzer · 3 · 10 months ago · Corsair, U.S. Navy
  • Profile Photo
    Philip A. Stelzer said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Greetings all!

I became aware of a few minor inaccuracies in this kit, however as having built many

Lindberg kits (i still enjoy them occasionally) small, and even large issues rarely concern me as correcting them usually induces a "styrene block" and acts as a detriment to me finishing anything.

And so it is with the Revell F4U-4.

The cockpit more resembles the floorless examples in...say...an F4U-1A...but alas I am not a rivet counter.

However I AM a Rolling Stones and Beatles fan so I choose to "Paint it Black" and "Let it Be" (I love black Tremclad...It is very black...and very cheap)

It was interesting and nostalgic, in a 70's Monogram sort of way, that ,just in case I forgot the scale and the actual aircraft I was working on, Revell was nice enough to remind me, on the inside of the port wing.

Construction and pre-painting was proceeding nicely until I developed a short in my overhead lamp in the spray booth.

Repairs in process...

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Progressing nicely, Philip @phillyhipower
    Good luck on the repairs.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Super entry and ditto progress, my friend @phyllyhipower! Looking forward to your next steps, lamp repair included!