AMT 1/48 F7F-3N Tigercat

Started by John Clark · 4 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Clark said 3 years, 10 months ago:

This is an in-progress build. The front cockpit is from Cutting Edge. The seat is from Eduard With tape belts and buckles from Lions Roar. The rear cockpit is from Tekincs and for poorly. The seat back and shoulder mounts were scratch built. Making Marine pilots for Korea was challenging. The torsos are from Luftwaffe pilots. The life preserver is similar. The head is from the Monogram F9F pilots. I added a pistol belt and knife to the life preserver. Arms from the spares box. The nose was replaced with the DMolds resin cast part. I am awaiting the arrival of vac form canopies and resin engines so I can continue.

20 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Hi John @recalcitrant21!
    This is a great subject.
    All those extras have already made a quality difference.
    Have the same kit and intending to build it for this KW GB; will be done OOB though.
    Waiting eagerly for your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

This is looking very good - I'm tuned in here.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

John, @recalcitrant21
    It looks like you are well on your way with this one... and all of the hard work you have put into it looks really good. I built an AMT Tigercat a while ago, but mine was box stock other than the wheels and tires. These improvements you have added really make it pop. Your display bases are also a nice touch.

I'll be looking forward to the next installment. Thanks again for joining our ever growing group.