Douglas C-47 Dakota, Royal Hellenic Air Force Korean Detachment (ΕΚ.Σ.Ε.), Airfix, 1/72

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 161 · 3 years ago · 1/72, Airfix, C-47, Hellenic Air Force, Korea The Forgotten War
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Done!

After canopy frames painting and the usual neverending touchups here and there, I called this baby done!

Thanks my friends for following along this not that short trip. It was a lovely ride!
    Onto the headlines soon.
    Dedicated to all those who gave their lives at that war, Greek C-47 crews included!

Lest we forget!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Done, and very well indeed Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Allan @kalamazoo!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Done, Well done.

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Spiros, @fiveten
    This has been a magnificent journey, and I have enjoyed following along with you as you built "MARS". In one way I'm sad that this one is done, as now we no longer have this subject to talk about... but on the other hand I'm very happy to see it completed, and I'm sure that you feel this way too. There will be other projects, so we can pick up there where we left off on this one.

Your work always looks magnificent, and this one is no exception. I want to personally thank you for taking the time to build this magnificent plane, one that was an unsung hero in Korea.

My Dad was a combat veteran who served his time in Korea, and he had the highest praise for all of the C-47 pilots... and also for those who flew ground support missions. Without these special breed of pilots, my Dad might not have survived, ...and I wouldn't be here either.

My hat's off to you sir ! Hand salute !

Please feel free to post an article of your C-47 at your convenience in the headlines section... Please include a tag of "Korea : The Forgotten War", so I can include it in our final recap which will happen about three years from now.

Thanks again my friend.

• Profile Photo

Louis @lgardner

"Korea: The Forgotten War" is yet another of your great GB concepts, a tribute to those who offered their life for that higher purpose.

This GB is also a magnificent modeler's inspiration: having been searching for motivation to build my "Greek Korean" C-47, it popped up so naturally here.

Let me repeat again that it was (another) wonderful ride, I kind of rediscover my modeling personality in this site with all those wonderful friends here, you definitely included!

Thanks for liking my C-47.

Onto the headlines soon!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Beautiful Spiros, I would also like to say thanks or an excellent contribution to the GB. A very rare and incredible build of a Hellenic C-47. This was unknown to me about this and always open to learn as well as to enjoy everyone's projects as this GB progresses. Hope that you will build some more and keep us on the edge of our seats. Well done and thanks for sharing such knowledge and skills.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Chuck @uscusn!
    It was an absolute joy to participate in this GB, that motivated me to build a Hellenic C-47, as it took part in the Forgotten War.
    Thanks for liking and following along!
    More on the headlines section very soon!
    Eagerly waiting for your progresses on your great entries here!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Really sharp-looking C-47, Spiros. Sorry I was late responding. I somehow missed that you rapped this one up. I am always impressed by how smooth your metal finishes and decaling look using Humbrol paints. Great that we have this unique history lesson and lovely model to expand our knowledge of the Korean conflict.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Colin @coling!

If you wish, you can check my C-47 presentation at the headlines:

Douglas C-47 Skytrain, Royal Hellenic Air Force Korean Detachment (ΕΚ.Σ.Ε.), Airfix, 1/72