F4U-N5 in Korea Hobby Boss 1/48

Started by Łukasz Matuszczak · 9 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Corsair, F4U-5N, Hobby Boss
  • Profile Photo
    Łukasz Matuszczak said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Greetings to all,
    The Corsair will be my contribution to the group build.
    It has been a while, but I finally have started my build.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Reinhard Spreitzhofer said 3 years, 9 months ago:

In case you don´t already know it, Hobby Boss got the wings on their F4U-5s wrong. The kits have the fabric covered wings of the -4 version, not the all metal covered wings of the -5. Maybe you don´t care, but if you want to build a correct -5 you have to do some filling sanding and scribing.

Cheers, Reinhard

• Profile Photo
    Łukasz Matuszczak said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Thank for that one. I did not know that. I received it about two years ago and I thought that this 3 years period is perfect for me to contribute. Each of my projects takes me something about pregnancy (9 month or longer) due to little time for a hobby.
    Thanks again.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Lukasz @dalixan!

This is a great choice!

Taking into account Reinhard's advices, a bit of filling/sanding/rescribing is all that it takes to address the "fabric effect situation".

But should you wish to "leave-as-is", again, no harm done.

Translating what we say here in my country: "a many will see, a few will notice".

So, either way is ok!

Waiting for your progress, my friend, this is going to be super!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Bent wing classic - looking forward to follow your 9 month build 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hello Lukasz @dalixan
    Welcome to our Korean War group build. The Corsair is my all time favorite, so I too shall be following your build... You picked as good one ! Should you run into any problems along the way during your build, please let us know, as I have this kit in my stash and have plans to build it later as part of the Korean War GB. On the other side of this, if you happen to like anything please mention that too.

Thanks.

• Profile Photo
    Łukasz Matuszczak said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Finally, It is FINISHED!

From the Author:

The kit is Hobby Boss's F4u-5N Corsair on a 1:48 scale. I add some photoetched parts, as well as some scratch building in the area of landing wheels and landing gear. It was my contribution to the group build of "Forgotten war". It was almost ready at the end of December 2021, but work responsibilities delayed finishing the project. My idea of mine was to build a heavily used aircraft. Therefore I used Heavy chipping fluid from Mig.

Due to the bad quality of the instruction, the biggest difficulty for me was assembling the engine. After a few hours of work, the effect could be considered eye-pleasing.

21 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Very nice work done on this Corsair, Lukasz @dalixan
    Superb detailing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Well done, my friend @dalixan!