ICM B-26B-50 Invader, 1/48th

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 9 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 9 months ago:

I saved this as the marquee of the whole Korean War GB, followed with the soon to be released Modelsvit F-82G Twin Mustang, notice a trend of not so mainstream companies such as Tamiya, Monogram or Hasegawa. Then a 1/35 scale T-34/85 N. Korean tank. either Tamiya or Zvesda yet to be determined. Back in the air with a Tu-2S N. Korean in 48th scale. Really would like to work in a Marine Corsair, a black one in 48th scale using the Hobby boss kit. Tamiya M8 Greyhound in 35th scale. We have 3 years. There are so many subjects, land, sea and air. Game on!

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 9 months ago:

These are some great subjects to build Chuck. @uscusn

I think you might enjoy this Corsair picture I found online several years ago. I think it's just what the doctor ordered for your F4U build...This one is a dash 5N at Pusan airfield, July 1951.

I will be looking forward to seeing you complete them... Thanks for joining our group.

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Nice and varied grouping! Enjoy those builds.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 9 months ago:

What a great start and what great plans Chuck @uscusn!
    Game on definitely!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 9 months ago:

I will be thinking really hard how to fit a Bf 109 into this GB 🙂
    Perhaps it is a most welcome challenge to build something more "modern" Great inspiration here!

• Profile Photo
    Wolfgang Rusch said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Chuck @uscusn,
    should you decide to build your ICM Invader without a ventral turret, don´t bother to rebuild or reshape that respective plastic part. Due to two new identical sprues ICM´s new "B-26C-50" provides the modeler with 2 identical turret-less bottom parts as well. Just try to persuade a friend who purchased this kit to give you the spare.

Just a hint.

• Profile Photo

Hi Wolfgang, yes I was aware of this, was going to leave it as it is on the original ICM kit. I did order the latest version with the glass nose and that kit has the insert for the rear turret. I also have the Pro modeler kit as well. And may build that also. Despite the shape issue, which is really not all that bad as when it is said and done, looks like an Invader.

• Profile Photo
    Wolfgang Rusch said 3 years, 9 months ago:

If I´d ever get hand on a cheap Promodeler/Monogram Invader, I will use the ICM as a template as much as possible to correct the fuselage width and try to use the left over canopy, turret and nose of the ICM C-kit for it. All hypothetical of course...

• Profile Photo

Myself I wouldn't bother to do that. the difference in scale to me is not noticeable. I did a comparison with both kits last year when I reviewed them both. Unless your aware and looking for it you will then see the issue.