Lavochkin La-11, 1/48 ARK models

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 121 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year ago:

My first experience with Quinto Studio decals. They do look and apply amazingly well. In real they do look better than what my camera did capture.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

Looking wonderful, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Some more of the Quinta Studio decals applied. Those decals do work great and are a pleasure to look at. A pity my camera is not able to make good close-up pictures.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year ago:

The cockpit looks amazing and these 3D decals are really great, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 year ago:

Those 3D decals are really "somethin' else." They really make things look good. Looks like you are on the way to a really nice result here, @johnb.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year ago:

That cockpit looks great, John. I need to try a set of Quinta cockpit decals on something.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla, thank you, Tom. Those decals are a huge improvement indeed, not the cheapest interior improvement but definitely worth it.

@j-healy, thanks a lot, John. This is my first experience with Quinta Studio, but I'm impressed by the quality.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 year ago:

Good work on the interior of the Lav John, I first used the Quinta interior details on the Tam P-38F/G Lightning when they were fairly new in the industry. They performed very well. I just used a set on the ICM B-26K, again what an enhancement in the cockpit. Worth the price as they are easy to apply and much easier to work with than PE. Coming along very well.

• Profile Photo

@uscusn, thanks a lot, Chuck. I fully agree, easy to work with, much easier than PE, and especially for the seatbelts they do behave much more in natural way.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year ago:

Indeed 3D is moving forward now, it is very nice in the smaller scales, and surely will evolve even further in the near future.

• Profile Photo

@airbum, it is a huge improvement, although I still like to paint and improve the molded spartanic interiors.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 1 year ago:

Enjoying your use of the Quinta 3d decals @johnb - looking forward to seeing you zip them up and producing a beaut!

• Profile Photo

@yellow10, thank you, Paul.