Lavochkin La-11, 1/48 ARK models

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 121 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking superb,y friend @johnb!
    So close to the finish line!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Indeed, just a few touch-ups before calling it done.

• Profile Photo

Satin coat is on, only thing left are the antenna wires and removing the canopy masks.

• Profile Photo

Practically crossing the finish line and looking wonderful, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Bill Ferrante said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

You did a really job on this. Great job!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Trying to get the last work done today.
    @ferrw, thanks a lot, Bill.

• Profile Photo

Unfortuantely not a finish today. Worked on the antenna wires but this took more time than expected. The final one is being hold in position currently.

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to the finish line, my friend @johnb!
    Looks fantastic!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros. Looking forward to that finish line as well. I'm thinking about applying a layer of matt coat, to me the current satin coat is still too shiny.

• Profile Photo

Antenna wires are on, a coat of matt clear applied and the canopy masks removed.
    Still need to do a quick check for imperfections but in general I call this La-11, done.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Very, very nice, @johnb!

• Profile Photo

Came out beautifully, my friend @johnb!
    Looks SUPERB!

• Profile Photo
    said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent work, my friend! @johnb you've demonstrated what skill and a few extras can do to enhance a nice, basic kit and create an impressive replica.

• Profile Photo

@tcinla, thank you, Tom. A not so complex but enjoyable kit.

@fiveten, thanks, Spiros. On to the photoshoot for the headlines.

@tankgrrl, thanks a lot, Anna-Elizabeth. Glad you like it.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 10 months, 2 weeks ago:

John vd Biggelaar (@johnb)
    Thank you again for the continued support of our Korean War group. This one looks right at home in the headlines section. You have done a magnificent job with it. I read the build journal again from start to finish. One thing that stood out was the markings on the wings. I decided to do a little digging... and I have found pictures of aircraft that were stored on display in several museums in China and other places throughout the world. These are just some of the pictures I found, and they show what I'm talking about.

These planes had markings as you have done yours, plus they had markings in all 4 wing positions, top and bottom sides of the wings, right and left sides. Some aircraft had no wing markings at all.

In the end, as you have painted yours is good to go. Personally I wouldn't change a thing. It's perfect and your best build to date.

Since some of these aircraft were on display in China, I would think it would be correct for all examples, and since they operated the planes, they should know.