M46 Patton – Pegasus Hobbies 1/72

Started by Curt Cayemberg · 30 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I'd say weathering makes this beauty look even better, Curt.
    I believe the finish line is not that far away...

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Oh yes - nice weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Curt Cayemberg said 3 years ago:

Moving on to pigments. The lower hull and roadwheels are dirtied up!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Love the weathering, my friend @CRCsquad!
    Your M46 looks better and better!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

You hit the right spot with the pigments - looking great!

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros and Erik!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years ago:

Awesome, in this scale! Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 3 years ago:

Great work, Curt. Our tanks got really dirty after rain. But it's understandable if you don't want to dirty it all up & cover the hull with "mud." Back in the day, I actually enjoyed going to the wash rack & hosing off all that mud our tanks would drag along. I'd wager that sometimes we'd have the better part of a ton of mud on our tanks! It took a while to get them clean. But I digress.

I have enjoyed looking at your progress because this is a pretty unique tank, thanks to the painted tiger stripes & face.

Bravo!
    @CRCsquad

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years ago:

Jeff, @mikegolf
    You took the words right out of my mouth about how dirty our tanks became. I didn't mind the wash rack in the summer, but during the winter, it became another story. Sometimes we would use our "Tanker's bar" to chip away some of the dried clumps of mud near the final drives. The heat from the engine and final drive was enough to dry out the mud, making a very heavy and quite durable mud clod that grew in size as we drove around in the field.

It seems to me that our tanks were not quite as dirty on the inside, but they still needed a good cleaning inside and out, once we got back to the motor pool.

Curt,
    I have been meaning to compliment you on this build. It looks fantastic ! Thank you for posting the updates.

• Profile Photo

Thank you all! Still more "mud" to be applied to the upper hull area...but probably not too extreme.

• Profile Photo

I think I'm gong to stop with the weathering now...not exactly what I was hoping for but close enough! As if I haven't spent enough time on this guy already, decided to build a small display base for the M46. Basic groundwork done with celluclay and road gravel...next up painting and adding vegetation.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Getting better and better, Curt!
    Weathering looks great to me!
    Looking forward to your mini diorama!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

I am still having trouble seeing this as a 1/72 build with all the great stuff you add. Also looking forward to the baseplate!

• Profile Photo
    Curt Cayemberg said 2 years, 11 months ago:

She's Done! A great group build and happy to take part. Lots of fun with this one!

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

"Saw' this already at the headlines, my friend @CRCsquad!
    This is such amazing result for this scale! Truly wonderful!
    Thank you so much for participating in our beloved "Forgotten War" GB!
    This GB will go on for quite some time, so, should you wish, you might consider adding another entry here (and another...). This would be great!