Sikorsky HRS-1, HR-10, HMR-161, Korea 1951. -------- FINISHED

Started by Allan J Withers · 112 · 2 years ago · 1/72, Italeri, Korea GB, Marines, Sikorsky
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

That's nice progress, Allan!
    And I like the cast lead procedure!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks Spiros, a bit fiddly but worth while I think !

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

I like the cast lead. Perhaps you would consider a tutorial over at the modelling stuff group? - I'll have to give it a try as I have a lot of lead from one of those early radiowavesafe PC racks from my old tower. I used a "cut-a-lot-and-stuff-the-lot-in-whiteglue" procedure for a few recent builds, and it is messy. . .

• Profile Photo

Thanks Erik, I'll see what I can do !

• Profile Photo

A little modification to the cockpit seats !

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Allan, @kalamazoo
    This is a great addition to our ever growing Korean War group... My apologies for the late response, things have been a little hectic here lately and I have not had as much spare time available as I would like.

I like how you have cast your own nose weight using lead. I'll have to try doing that in the future, as I have another 1/48 scale Monogram B-25J planned, and it might also come in handy with the 1/48 Monogram B-24J that I have sitting idly at the moment.

I can always tell one of your builds from the rest... This one is no exception. I welcome you to our Korean War group. Thanks for participating, and I look forward to your next installment.

• Profile Photo

Thank you Louis, good to be here !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Nice modifications, Allan!
    All these "little" things "corrected" add that specific qualtiy to your builds!

• Profile Photo

Thank you Spiros, interior ready to go in the fuselage.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Interior is looking great, Allan (@kalamazoo). How much weight do you figure you have added in the nose?

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, the kit instructions call for 10g, so that's about what I've given it, I didn't do an assembly to check the balance so we'll see !

• Profile Photo

Interior in and fuselage halves together.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Looking good, Allan, just noticed the Airfix build, cool blast from the past.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Always a major step to get the fuselage assembled. The interior look very nice.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 7 months ago:

This is always a major turning point when the fuselage halves go together. It looks great Allan !