1989 Sauber-Mercedes C9

Started by Greg Fabian · 39 · 10 months ago · 1/24, Automotive, LeMans, Sauber-Mercedes, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Great model, great progress. Every time you fix a problem, you create a new one. Over all Greg the kit is coming along well enough to be like the art work on the box top. The Sauber just has a elegant look and feel to it.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

Amazing that you managed to save the peeled-off and stuck to the tape decal, my friend @gwfabian!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 2 weeks ago:

So frustrating when those things happen, Greg @gwfabian
    It sort of must have felt like a victory when you succeeded in saving, in three pieces however, the decal.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Well done on the save Greg! @gwfabian. I guess the challenges of model building keep bringing us back for more. Without challenges (and solutions we come up with) it would get boring.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Fabian said 11 months, 1 week ago:

I'm calling this done. There's still some super-detailing that I would like to do - run a few more electrical lines off the turbocharger blow-off valves, an oil line here and there, a missing part on the roll cage. But I don't want to press my luck and cause something else to break. I do have to say that is his a very well-engineered kit and I'm thinking about building another Tamiya race car in this scale.

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 11 months, 1 week ago:

An amazing finish, my friend @gwfabian! A superb result! Great save on the lifted decal, almost beyond belief!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 11 months, 1 week ago:

She crossed the finish line perfectly, Greg @gwfabian
    A great headline article.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 11 months, 1 week ago:

Congratulations on finishing this, Greg @gwfabian, you overcame those problems you encountered and she looks perfect.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Wow Greg @gwfabian, what a fantastic result - you've made an amazing build here despite the issues you had, well done.