Italeri 1/35 Autoblinda AB40 – WIP

  • 3 posts
  • Last reply 5 years, 8 months ago
  • AB40, Autoblinda
Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts
  • Christopher Driffield said 5 years, 8 months ago:

    Here is the progress so far on my Italeri Autoblida AB40.

    I experienced fit issues when mating the upper hull to the chassis which required considerable sanding to make it fit. I’m not sure whether it was a result of me deviating slightly from the instructions or whether it is a design fault, but there was no way the chassis was sliding into place with front and rear hull sections in place. The sidewalls of the upper hull have fixed placement for the suspension sectons so I just couldn’t see where I went wrong, but hopefully the modifications will amsk this error.

    Primed with car rattle can primer (I usually use Simoniz, but this was not available and had to use a different brand (name eludes me right now) which does not spray as fine and has a more satin finish, but hopefully should not affect things too much.)

    12 attached images. Click to enlarge.

  • Deleted User said 5 years, 8 months ago:

    Another great start Chris. I haven’t built this myself but its looking good. Is this the one with German markings??

  • Christopher Driffield said 5 years, 8 months ago:

    Thanks Gregor. I’m going for Italian markings, but it does include a german later war scheme after the Wehrmacht acquisitioned a lot of Italian hardware after the Italians had a slight change in political views mid-war…. (they were losing and realised they’d backed the wrong horse!)
    The kit is not bad but it doesn’t fall together and careful alignment and test fitting of all the body and chassis parts is required before glueing everything together – I had a slight misjudgement – due to rushing in (and quite a few pints of Guinness if I remember rightly!) so there was quite a lot of sanding and filling required to get everything together in the end, but I got there eventually!

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts