Some 1/35 shelf scrapings

Started by Mark P Hartig · 85 · 1 year ago · 1/35, Axis, WW II
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Looking great being primed, my friend @markh!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Great start prior to the paintwork, Mark @markh

• Profile Photo
    Mark P Hartig said 2 years, 2 months ago:

A proof of life post

Got basecoat on everything and am now working thru pinwashes and detail painting. This is the boring part. The tank is dark and monotone right now but that'll change with flatcoat application. Thanks for the comments and looks

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 2 months ago:

It might be boring, Mark @markh, but the result is great.
    Nice paintwork.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 2 months ago:

All looking great, my friend @markh!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Mark P Hartig said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks gents

I was unable to create an eye pleasing arrangement between the buzzard wagon and the tank so I went back to the shelf and rescued the kit shown below, which I think will blend much better. I'll do the tank and the motorcycle on another base. This ICM kit is very spindly and delicate with many tiny parts, featuring fit that's not over good in places. It does seem like it'll build up well with care, however.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Nice progress, Mark @markh
    Your modelling skills will get the most out of this challenging kit.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 1 month ago:

Nice kit, my friend @markh!
    Will look great upon finished!

• Profile Photo

Thanks gents

The ICM V3000 build is now mostly finished, I still have to fit the doors so they'll close correctly and mount the mirror on the driver's door. Here it is basecoated with an additional fading coat applied. Now that almost everything is built I can show my general idea. I think I need to make a well in back of the truck and I'm not too sure about the horse we'll see how it all looks as I move forward

• Profile Photo

Great progress, Mark @markh

• Profile Photo

Looks great, my friend @markh!
    Looking forward to see the whole diorama finished!

• Profile Photo

Thanks gents

Some more fumbling about has seen the start of the figures and the completion of the truck and nag. I ended up having to open the driver's door as it did not fit well in it's hole and the steering column/wheel assembly fell out of the cab when handling the model. It was fun getting it back in there I'll tell ya. I now can claim victory over the evil little thing.

The nag was sprayed with Vallejo RLM dark brown, then sprayed with very thin Tammy XF-1 flat black in several layers at high pressure. I have no idea of what kind of horse this is supposed to be it's a copy of something I saw and thought was cool when I googled "horse pictures". Funny thing that, I've been around farm animals all my life and still have to get a painting guide when I do something like this

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 1 month ago:

What strikes me from all this is some sort of Eastern Front base-behind-the-front sort-of "domestic" scene. You have a lot of interesting items to work with.

• Profile Photo

all looking great, my friend @markh!
    Love the horse!

• Profile Photo

Nice progress, Mark @markh
    The horse looks very nice.
    No clue here either about the race, even though I'm in the stables with my daughter quite often, but it does look very realistic, especialy the way you painted it.