George’s motorcycles - 2023

Started by George Williams · 121 · 9 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Great progress, my friend @chinesegeorge! Very interesting photo of the (dis)locating tongues.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Very nice progress, George @chinesegeorge
    Good decision to cut off these tongues.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look and comment.

A little more work done on the BMW, namely the front wheel, brakes, and forks.

Starting with the brake discs. These should have just clipped together but I had to add some cyano to keep them in place.

Then assemble the wheel.

And the forks.

Put it all together.

Another section completed and no painting required.

Plenty more to come. I know it’s going to look good but it’s not very satisfying to build somehow………

Thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking amazing already, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

This looks amazing, George @chinesegeorge
    Judging from the instructions, those fork springs do function as in real, isn't it.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Hi @johnb, yes, you’re right, the springs do have a little “give” in them, thanks for looking.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking great @chinesegeorge, why do you say it's not satisfying? Because it goes together too easily and doesn't require paint?

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@chinesegeorge - It really does look fantastic, but I have a guess as to why it's not as satisfying... you're used to being able to add custom touches and make it 'yours'... as beautiful as this kit will be when finished, it won't have the level of 'you' in it. It's more or less just assembly. At least this is my guess as to why it feels different.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

@chinesegeorge that’s GREAT George! ZI guess I might look into Meng kits, what else do they make

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Thanks, Cricket @bikequeen, Meng only do a few bikes, all in 1/9 scale, Kawasakis and BMWs, usually available either pre-coloured, like mine, or not. Check out their web site http://www.Meng-model.com. They’ve just released a 1/12 McLaren MP 4/4, generally regarded as the most successful Formula One car ever, as driven by Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Hi George. Thanks for that, what a beauty❤️. I am not a motorcycle builder by trade, the last time I built one was when I was...early teens. An Airfix trials bike and a Norton commando (Protar I think).

Anyway, due to somewhat tragic circumstances, I have been given this one as a commission build I guess. My son in law was killed in a grass track racing accident about a month ago (leaving the daughter and 3 young kids) and had the attached Ducati to build. I had given him an old compressor and airbrush to get him going but he never quite managed it. So she asked me to build it for her...if I am not happy with it I will get another one but I don’t foresee any real problems, just getting a high enough gloss I guess, and possibly the heat effects on the pipes but you can practice on sprue I guess. Pink is an interesting primer, I have heard of both yellow and pink used under red...Hmmm🤔🙄😆. Anyway, great job and cheers for the inspiration. Have to finish the current project first😬 CBA

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Sad circumstances indeed, @chrisballard. Still, a great build ahead. Looking forward to it.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

My condolances, Chris @chrisballard.
    A very sad circumstance indeed, it will however be a great remembrance for your daughter if you finish this one.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 months, 3 weeks ago:

Sorry to hear your news, Chris @chrisballard, good luck with the build, it’s a great kit.

• Profile Photo
    Chris Ballard said 9 months, 2 weeks ago:

Cheers chap. Haven’t posted one yet so perhaps that’s the one.