George’s Motorcycles

Started by George Williams · 184 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Great progress, my friend @chinesegeorge! Nice attaching of the meshes, as well as of the trunking.
    Looks superb so far!
    Happy modelling!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Progress is excellent, George @chinesegeorge

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

That silver carbon finish looks great George, as does the progress so far. I am stunned at the speed with which you are able to complete your models... my Kawasaki is still languishing with a long way to go. Work is getting in the way of my fun!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Thanks @rory, @johnb and Spiros @fiveten. Rory, having time is one of the benefits of being retired. Actually I still have a few students that I help on a one to one basis, but I do have a lot of time to indulge myself. I still don’t work as fast as our friend Spiros though.

Anyway, next up is the fuel tank and the rear light housing. Due to a change of plan, I have a virtually unused spray can of Luftwaffe light blue which I’ve been using as a primer for the white finish. Most of the parts are moulded in black so the white needs a little help.

That’s it for now, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Looking great, my friend @chinesegeorge! Nice idea to use "unused" paint of suitable color as a primer

• Profile Photo

Great idea about the primer, George @chinesegeorge
    You're progressing nicely, George @chinesegeorge
    Having so much time to spent at the bench is a great gift.
    Unfortunately for me retirement is still more than a decade away so finding time to model is a challenge by itself.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 6 months ago:

Nice progress George, and that is a sexy tank! Love the shapes. Same as me John, still working trying to earn my retirement funding, but about three and a half years to go.

• Profile Photo

Thanks everyone, @rory, @johnb, and Spiros @fiveten. One thing to remember with the fuel tank is to fix the filler cap from the inside nice and securely before attaching the tank to the frame, if you don’t you will have a problem!
    Here she is with the tank and rear light mounting in place, not too much more to do now.

The kit comes with both a racing stand, as pictured, and a side kick stand. On previous Kawasakis I’ve painted the standard in green to match the bike’s frame, but I’m not so sure with this one, the photos show it as being in black, what do you guys think?

Thanks again for looking, happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for sharing the tip on the filler cap, George @chinesegeorge
    Personally I would go for the black variant.

• Profile Photo

Looking superb so far, my friend @chinesegeorge! I believe a black side stand is the way to go, here is the image I came into...

• Profile Photo

As an aside, we don’t get many real motorbikes where I live, partly due to the climate, the temperature doesn’t rise above 0 degs C for four or five months, but also due to the authorities encouraging electrically powered transport. But I did spot this Benelli in our area the other day.

Some of the detailing is gorgeous.

And this little lady is a regular round here.

@rory, @johnb, and Spiros @fiveten, hope you like them and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo

Love them, my friend @chinesegeorge!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Profile Photo

That Benelli is really great, George @chinesegeorge
    Even in the Netherlands with quite a good climate for motorcycles, Benellis are pretty rare.
    Never drove such a little ladie, but they seem very practicle for short distances.

• Profile Photo

I remember a guy riding the 900sei back in the late 70s or so, my friends! Finished in light blue and THAT sound!

• Profile Photo

Thanks @rory, @johnb, and Spiros. Back to the Ninja. All that remains to be done is the front and side cowlings. They need a coat of white paint and the Trick Star transfers to be added, along with a few other bits and pieces. The transfers were a little tricky, especially around the air intakes.

In fact I messed up one completely and resorted to cutting up one of the ones that I couldn’t work out where it went.

The only thing wrong with the transfer set is the vague instruction sheet.

I couldn’t resist adding Tamiya’s metal Kawasaki markings as well.

I’ll have to wait for the right weather to go outside and take some more pictures before posting it in headlines. Happy modelling.