Honda CB1100 R

Started by Cricket · 43 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Honda, Honda CB1100 R, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

That Italian Red is one of my favourite colours, Cricket @bikequeen, contrasts nicely with the Bright Red. Neat work on all that masking, definitely looks better than the transfers. You work very quickly.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looking great so far, my friend @bikequeen! Indeed the two reds look fantastic!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Nice contrast indeed, Cricket @bikequeen
    Progressing nicely.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@chinesegeorge Yeah me too, I discovered Italian red when I dod my first Ducati :). And yeah I guess I do work fast, it’s because I dont have a life :). This will be kit number 37 for this year….keeps me happy 😉

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb thanks guys….I’m happy with the results so far, although I have to say so far it’s identical to the CB750, the frame is anyway

• Profile Photo

Some of yesterday’s updates (12/09). Got some sub assemblies done. I’m loving the contrast of the black and red and I’m having a field day detailing all the bolts on the engine as it’s black, the other 2 Honda’s were chrome so bolt heads couldn't really be detailed. Managed to dry brush the Honda logo on the rear caliper , a skill I never quite got a handle on 😉

So here are yesterdays pics

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Wow! Looking absolutely cool, my friend @bikequeen!
    A productive day!

• Profile Photo

Very nice progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    The battery looks very much like a real one.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Well done, Cricket (@bikequeen). I also really like the contrast of the black and red parts. I am anxious to see how this comes together.

• Profile Photo

Sorry for long delay in updates but its reaching the Checkered Flag so to speak 🙂

Bunch of photos …. There is an oil cooler on the front and the tubing Tamiya included was junk (pic attached) i tried to find other tubing in my stash but it was not long enough to run the whole length needed so I broke out the braided hose (GULP) i bent to the shape I need and soaked it with CA glue…what a mess :). After it dried I pieced it in place by cutting the nipples where it would attach, drilling a tiny hole and inserting some brass wire, then using CA glue i did one connection at a time and using the small bits of rubber tubing at the cooler. Worked well. There are photos of that and some other process photos. More later today

Fairings are done and decaled no photos yet they went on well and smooth…this is a GREAT kit and maybe one of my best yet. I still have some screw heads to paint and then the fairings which will be sad because they will hide so much detail

14 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Impressive progress, Cricket @bikequeen
    With the wheels on the checkered flag is close indeed.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks John i am about to post pics without fairings on….this came out really nice!

• Profile Photo

All set to go, I added details to all the tiny little bolt heads etc, all I have to do now put the fairings on and it will be a sad moment because this thing looks HOT and the fairings will cover it all up and the front one once screwed on the side mirrors glue in place over the screws so it wont come off again 🙁

So here we go……..

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

All done! LOVE this kit! I really enjoyed it

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Absolutely wonderful, Cricket @bikequeen
    Perfect build of this iconic bike.