Honda VFR750R

Started by Anthony Ricco · 56 · 10 months ago · Honda, motorbike, motorcycle, Tamiya, VFR750R
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Thanks @ij001 - yeah I'm a bit nervous, but I think it should turn out well.

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot Cricket, yeah Tamiya going over and above hey, they are so cool.

• Profile Photo

Latest update, and she's up on her wheels. Now do do all the bits and get the Farings done. Just waiting for the blue paint to arrive to paint it up. Loving it so far.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looking great Anthony! Putting the rubber on the road is always an exciting point in the motorcycle builds. From a practical point, it reduces the chance of damaging the bike on the work bench, dont you think?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looks SO splendid, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

It’s coming along great, Anthony @anthonyricco, hope your paint arrives soon.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great work Anthony, always a big leap getting it on it's wheels...now it looks like a bike!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Awesome, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Is that a real bolt to mount the rear wheel.

• Profile Photo

Totally agree @pb_legend, makes it looks like a bike and like you said protects the paint when its up on its feet. Thanks a lot.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for all the responses, @fiveten, @chinesegeorge, yeah hoping the paint get here quick but I'm going to be away soon.

@Rory, yeah the wheels make a big difference.

@johnb - thanks man, yes there are a few screws and bolts that come with the kit.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Hey everyone - Time for some updates, I've made a bit of progress - the rear seat cowling was 2 parts, not Idea why because everything else is molded together anyway first job is to join then and get rid of the seam.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Next step is to start painting - the bike has 5 colours on it Blue, Navy Blue, white, red and gold, the red and gold are on the decals so the white and 2 blues need to get painted, my aim is to have the one half painted and the other clear so the engine detail can be see from the one side. So the masking and painting mission begins.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Once both blues and the white is all painted up then all the masking can come off and hopefully everything looks good.Here is how it looks with the masking removed.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great work on the painting, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Especially the paint on the transparant part looks great, no shining through at all.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

That’s really neat work, @anthonyricco, your half and half is looking good.