Kawasaki Z1300, is up next

Started by Cricket · 32 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Kawasaki Z1300, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Todays progress, sadly I for get to take progress pics as I am in the “zone” so to speak but here it

Almost all done, have to highlight some bolt heads and other tiny things and run the brake, clutch etc lines and attach the badges. Got the decals on the tank etc. very thin fragile pin stripes which for the most part went on fairly well.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 4 months ago:

It looks so cool, Cricket @bikequeen, that battery is so realistic I want to charge it up.

• Profile Photo

By the way, do you have Tamiya’s Africa Twin in your stash?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looking wonderful, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Looks amazing, Cricket @bikequeen
    That engine is incredibly huge.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Wow Cricket @bikequeen, this is great work, well done - It's looking really amazing.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @johnb, @gblair, @anthonyrocco, @ij001 @chinesegeorge Kawasaki Z1300 is done. Nice kit, 1981 reissued in 2006. Good plastic, good assembly. Decals were thin and fragile but didn’t give me to much trouble i painted the saddle flat black (it was that soft rubber-ish plastic) then used a soft cloth to buff it out, makes it look more like leather to me anyway was fun, I enjoyed it. I dont glue the mirrors on because they are the first to break off…thats why they look crooked 🙂

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Andrew H said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Gorgeous build @bikequeen, and a very unique subject. I didnt know anyone other than Honda did an inline-6 bike, and water cooled to boot!
    All the fine paintwork you've done (noting the taillight screws among others) really adds to your fine results.

• Profile Photo

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, great job on this Kawasaki, I’ll have to try your technique on the saddle. Get this posted in Headlines soon.

• Profile Photo

Fantastic finish, my friend @bikequeen? Looks absolutely cool!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Add me to the list of those who marvel at your really cool finish, Cricket (@bikequeen). Another great build.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Superb work done on this Kawasaki, Cricket @bikequeen
    The saddle does look very realistic this way, nice technique.
    On to the headlines.

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great result Cricket! Well done. George and Cricket, I thought a fender was what you put between boats in the harbour...LOL. Andrew, Benelli also built an inline 6 cylinder but air-cooled. Probably the most notable "six" was the Honda 250cc 6 cylinder racing bike and then of course the 1000cc Magnum and the later 1100 mono-shock version. Currently BMW has the 1600cc 6 cylinder GTL and Triumph built the longitudinally mounted 6 cylinder Rocket.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @johnb @gblair @anthonyricco @ij001 @chinesegeorge @pb_legend @rory Thank you so much for the accolades everyone. Each bike I build i try to add a bit more detail, I’m surprised the taillight screws were noticed :). I even added coolant in the reservoir ;). I have a hard time seeing my work as something excellent….I’m my worst critic.

DOnt know what to build next, it will be racing all week which makes painting hard as I spray outdoors. I have 2 1/6 bikes left and that will problem be it as I am running out of money :). I have Honda CB1100 R which has a nice color set of red, white and black. And I will attempt to paint these colors as my large decal skills leave a lot to be desired. I also have my second Honda Africa Twin, I bought the second one because I liked it so much that I want to build another better one and document and review the kit. I also have the aftermarket chain kit which is fantastic. @chinesegeorge if you get the Africa, get the “Detail Up” chain! You wont regret it

Agin thanks everyone! I truly appreciate all your comments 🙂

• Profile Photo

Though the Africa sounds great, I cannot help but vote for the CB1100R, my friend @bikequeen! This is one iconic bike!