Yamaha YZF-R1

Started by Cricket · 27 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Wow Cricket @bikequeen - you really are the Bike Queen - thats fantastic, love it.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

@rory ROry the screen is supposed to be a UV protective coating, on the box art it looks like it’s smoke tinted

• Profile Photo

@anthonyricco @gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb @brithebuilder @bikequeen @fiveten @rory

All in all a great kit except for the decals even the tiniest ones were difficult or impossible 🙁

The frame came satin Chrome, tank and seat parts are Tamiya Gloss Aluminum cowlings are Tamiya Silver Leaf

The top and bottom Cowlings did not fit right and I could figure out why, so I had to glue and tape them until they dried. I should have left them off all together….but oh well.

The rear bottom reflector is a neat trick I figured out and use a lot. Painted chrome silver, dried throughly than a top coat of Tamiya Clear Red is applied …pretty effective

6 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Looks awesome, Cricket (@bikequeen). The paint and finish of this one are outstanding.

• Profile Photo

@gblair thanks George I’m Bummed about the decals and the fit of the cowlings but love the colors

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - The decal situation is unfortunate Cricket. Seems as though you managed to correct the issue with the cowlings though. Nothing noticeable there. Great work!

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder Thansk Brian there is a gap on the one side and a bit of glue….I should have left it off and displayed it separately like i have done with some of my other 1/12th builds. I made the little stand for the cowlings

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

@bikequeen - That is a very cool display stand Cricket! I've realized that no one, other than you (the builder), will ever notice the imperfections.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder Yep every single slip of the brush or parts tree that didn't come completely off 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 10 months, 4 weeks ago:

Ah, @bikequeen and @brithebuilder, we’re our own worst critics.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Looking awesome, my friend @bikequeen! You tackled all challenges in a most effective manner!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 10 months, 3 weeks ago:

Excellent result, Cricket @bikequeen
    The imperfections are definitely not noticeable, you did an amazing job on this bike.