AMT 1/48 Douglas P-70 Night Fighter

• 67 posts
  • Last reply 3 weeks ago
  • 1/48, A-20, AMT, Douglas, Night Fighters, P-70
Viewing 61 - 67 of 67 posts
  • Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Thanks my friend @airbum!

• Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Second filling and sanding loop finished, with “Dusty” looking more homogeneous. As I am going for a closed canopy, I attached the aft canopy non-transparent part…

…then sanded it smooth, awaiting a tad of filling. Here’s how “Dusty” looks so far…

Thanks for stopping by!

• John Healy said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks for building and sharing this, Spiros. I’ve had an AMT A-20G in the stash that needs building for 25 years. Nice to see the problem areas.

• Eric Berg said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

“Dusty” is looking mighty spiffy, Sprios. Great job as usual. Did the P-70 stash that life raft behind the driver’s seat or had they done away with it by then? What’s the word on that?

• Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Thanks my friends @j-healy and @eb801!
    John, from the so far progress, I might say that AMT Havocs are nice, solid, definitely worth building.
    From a small research, it came out that there’s quite a bit of aftermarket, if you are so inclined.
    Building this kit feels like buillding an improved, better fitting Monogram twin engine bomber (OK, maybe the internal details lack a tiny tad…)
    Eric, I have to research the life raft P-70 topic: if you ask me, I cannot imagine an operational P-70 without a life raft!

• Pedro L. Rocha said 3 weeks, 1 day ago:

Spiros my friend, looks like this will be one of your best projects to this date, surprisingly fast but a solid build nonetheless. The work around those exhausts is remarkable, really

• Spiros Pendedekas said 3 weeks ago:

Thanks my friend @holzhamer!
    it is true that the AMT Havocs build solidly and fast, especially the P-70 with the solid nose (and the all-black scheme).
    Might one suppose that, though I knew it was wrong, I deliberately cut the exhaust fairings at the start, in order to take credit for redoing them????? 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 61 - 67 of 67 posts