Bad day at work

Started by Vincent Perry · 9 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Vincent Perry said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Looking for a new job because of avoiding a head on with a car in my lane

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Stellan Schroeder Englund said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Ouch! That looks bad, Vincent. Whole rig is beyond repair? Had the same experience but on a bicycle. Inline skater vs. bicyclist accident. Did the over taking car stop?

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Hope that you are O.K. ! Best of Luck Vincent!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Take care, Vincent, the most important thing is that you are OK.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years, 1 month ago:

So because you avoided a collision with another vehicle (which may have well included a lawsuit directed at your employer) and the fact that the other motorist was obviously at fault, your defensive driving technique(s) resulted in the termination of your services? That just ain't right!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Vincent, hope you weren't injured. Good luck with the aftermath of all this and the job search.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 8 years, 1 month ago:

Hope your well and good luck.

• Profile Photo

Seatbelts save lives i walked away with minor bruises and sore muscles.

No lawsuits pending, state patrol doesn't have a clue what to cite me for.
    First said i was sleeping, then said i was reaching for stuff, then cited me for wheel off roadway.

Company said it was preventable, and said it was gross misconduct by not following routing, but routing only got me to shipper and the final routing to consignee in Illinois. Nothing stating route between i was taking most direct route that I've traveled 100 times since 2001.

Because of what the company said and assessed on their part basicly means i cannot drive commercial truck for at least 10 years as no one will touch me.

Such is life thanks for the thoughts all hope to try building in a few days when my back feels better

• Profile Photo

Man those headers on skates bikes ect can be nasty on a body. Especially when you play fender hockey with a solid object