Welcome!

Started by Josh Patterson · 3 · 10 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years ago:

I started this group mainly because I need help learning the art of paper modeling, and what better way to get help than to lure knowledgeable people into a forum! My first attempt was okay, and I figures out a few things, but I'll always accept help from someone who knows more than I! (The XB-70 in the picture is paper, and at 1/48 scale is a monster!)

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    neil foster said 10 years ago:

I've never done any of this ,never even seen one to be honest but there are a couple of Polish guys in the Warrington IPMS who are both familiar with it so maybe it's more popular in the former communist countries.
    N.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 10 years ago:

I've found it's a good way to find large models of large subjects and usually on the cheap. (There is a 1/33 B-58 Hustler on Ecardmodels.com, where I bought the XB-70. I saw pictures of it built after being printed on chrome paper and it looks awesome, but I'm not even close to ready for that!) The Valkyrie was $12, and I can make as many as I want! (Or screw up as many pieces as I need to to get it right!) I've seen the finished model at the EAA Museum built by the guy who designed it, and you really had to look to tell it was paper! (It even has a full cockpit!) I thought about scratch building the landing gear out of plastic though. The amount of parts in those assemblies is mind boggling! One thing I will say is that it is very sturdy when completed, just don't squeeze it by the neck! The skin will buckle!