Italeri 1/48 OH-58 A Kiowa

• 7 posts
  • Last reply 4 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts
  • Larry J. Allen said 5 years, 11 months ago:

As part of a group build of helicopters a few months ago, I gathered several kits from various sources. The build burned me out on helicopters for a while, but I recently decided to reduce the stock a little.

I airbrushed Model Master enamel thinned with lacquer thinner for the OD, and their Exhaust Buffing Metalizer brushed on the rotor blades, tail rotor shaft, mini-gun (which I decided to leave off) and landing gear. Cockpit and interior used MM enamels brushed on.

I had trouble with the door windows; they just fell through the openings, and I had to install some clear acetate strips inside the openings to mount them.

Now, I once again say that I’m through with spinning wing type kits!

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Blaine "Frank" Miller said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Larry,

Great build.

On my build, I got carried away also.
    Here are a couple of pictures of my journey.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• James Robert Feuilherade said 5 years, 6 months ago:

Nice, the “Kenny” or civilian “Jetdanger” has sure been around for a while. Interesting to compare the 206 B-1 Kiowa, the first version, to todays OH58, which is hardly recognisable from it’s 206 heritage!

• Alessandro Parmigiani said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Hi there, I’m Alex.
    This Bell is the same of my last project. Some pictures of WIP…

Cheers from Rome

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Rob Pollock said 4 years, 4 months ago:

We don’t see many rotary aircraft here. I’m always interested to find out the detailing undertaken in these kits, especially in the cockpit areas, where there’s so much on view. I did a 1/48 Apache with I think an Aires replacement tub – money well spent with Aires (for once), and it was a challenging build as well, not the simple task people might imagine for things that fly but don’t have wings!

Nice work here.

• Craig Abrahamson said 4 years, 4 months ago:

Sadly, we lost the original poster (Larry Allen) just about one year ago. I miss the back-and-forth banter in which we frequently engaged off-board. RIP, Larry.

• Alessandro Parmigiani said 4 years, 4 months ago:

:(((

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts