My European helicopters, 1/72.

• 11 posts
  • Last reply 2 weeks, 3 days ago
  • 1/72, Helicopters
Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts
  • Allan J Withers said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Agusta AB 212 – Italian Navy, Hughes OH 6A Cayuse – Spanish Navy, Westland UH 14 Lynx – Netherlands Navy, MBB BO 105 M – Federal German Army Aviation, NHI NH 90 – German Army, Mil Mi 6 “Hook” – North Vietnamese Air Force, Kamov KA 50 “Hokum” – test aircraft, WSK Swidnik SM 1 “Hare” – Polish Air Force, Agusta Bell AB 206A Jet Ranger – Ausrtian Air Force, Aerospatiale SA 341 HT 3 GAzelle – RAF, Aerospatiale Alouette 3 – RNAF, Westland Wirlwind – Royal Navy, Mil Mi 24D – Czech AF, Westland Lynx HAS 3 – Royal Navy, Westland HC 5C Wessex – RAF,

15 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Allan, thanks for posting these and your
    previous fling-wings. Quite a collection, all beautifully done!

• Allan J Withers said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks Bernard.

• Blaine "Frank" Miller said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Allan,

Great group of egg-beaters.
    How long did it take to build all of these?
    Frank

• Allan J Withers said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Thanks Frank, years! but who’s counting.

• Ferry Dierckxsens said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Great squadron of European helicopter Allan. I’ve got fond memories of the Alouette 3 helicopter, which you have made in the colours of The Grasshoppers display team. They were a 4 ship display team during many seasons, and visited a lot of airshows. I was in the airforce as a ground technician with this squadron during that time.

• Allan J Withers said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks Ferry, did you travel around with the team ? many but not all of these models have their own postings !

• Ferry Dierckxsens said 2 years, 3 months ago:

We were based at Soesterberg AB at that time with 298 Squadron. I’m happy to say that I’ve been flying with them on several occasions, and that has been a lifetime experience. Never been airsick by the way 🙂

• Jeff Bailey said 2 years ago:

Awesome, Ferry! You are a VERY luck man! (And talented, too!) I had a ride on an OH-58 when I was in the Army that was more exciting than anything else I’ve ever done. I’ll bet your airtime with your Squadron gives you the same wonderful memories as mine!

• Jeff Bailey said 2 years ago:

Allan, this is a great collection of ‘choppers. Your skills are quite evident & the birds look ready to take off!

• Allan J Withers said 2 weeks, 3 days ago:

Three new additions to this group !!!

Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 posts