ADLIB-1, 1/150, Scratch build, Interior view.

  • 47 posts
  • Last reply 2 months ago
Viewing 16 - 30 of 47 posts
  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    The four LEDs in the left side of the rod will seemingly be connected to the transformer. There is a Red, Green, Blue, and White LEDs. These will be selectable from the model’s control panel. There will be a rotary switch labelled 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100%.

    There is also four LEDs in the right hand side of the rod. This end goes directly to the reflector. These LEDs consist of two Orange and two Yellow. These are also selected via a toggle switch labelled ‘Low’ and ‘High’. What ever that means is up to you.

  • david leigh-smith said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    I wholeheartedly agree, Peter, knowing and knowledge are indeed different. Perhaps two sides of the same coin. I also agree with the age observation; there comes a time when having fun has to be a priority. Things that makes us smile are worth their weight in dilithium crystals.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    @dirtylittlefokker, Yes, if what you know is true, then they are worth more than Dilithium crystals. After all, if it’s not true, it is worthless 😉
    ____________________

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    Propulsion Room drawing updated.

    Had to cover the fan’s wiring and trench. Used 2 mm card and acrylic paint.
    Drilled hole into PET plastic nipple. This is for a 5 mm LED. The lid actually locks down on the LED. No glue here. Easy access to this LED, if need to.

    Used a new glue (Weicon VA 8312) for attaching PET to polystyrene (I think). It worked well.
    Used a 90 mm PVC End Cap for hiding fan’s exterior brackets.

    Here, the fan is operating. I was surprised that I could not hear it.
    With different viewing angles one can see all black or all yellow reflector.

    This is not all. I am still waiting for a LED strip which will be fitted between reflector and fan.
    Future update on this will show it with the LEDs on. Be interesting to see how it will look.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    The LED strip arrived. So it got fitted in between the reflector and the fan. It proved to be too bright for my liking.

    So I added a 100 ohm, 2 watt resistor to the positive lead to dim it down. Last two photos show the fan operating.

    The LED lighting showed through the bulkhead. I like the surprised effect. It gives a sense of power being generated at the propulsion end. It also lights up the propulsion room. The bottom photo shows how bright it can get with LEDs at full brightness (too bright). The second photo is what it’s like, in the dark, with dimmed LEDs.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:


    Ought to be a challenge to include instrumentation to the console.

  • david leigh-smith said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    I’m looking forward to seeing you tackle that instrument console. That’s a huge imagination and some seriously small scale work.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    Ha ha ha, perhaps I should have said “…include (images of) instrumentation to the console”. Even so, it will not be easy, or perhaps I should say I have to be easy/confident to achieve some reasonable outcome. We shall see when I give it a go.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months, 1 week ago:

    Played around with the console instrumentation. I have to admit, I had lots of fun.
    Tried to illustrate instruments on card and paper, but photographic paper worked best. Will try the gloss type later.

    The following photo should explain how I went about it.


    The original view point is not blown up like here. So at normal vision, it doesn’t look so rough.

  • david leigh-smith said 4 months ago:

    I do like your style, Peter. Inventive, creative, technical. And a little bonkers. Great stuff, I love that console. Lovely precision work.

  • Peter Hausamann said 4 months ago:

    Thanks David for the complement. Now where did I put that sandwich for my picnic? 😉

  • Peter Hausamann said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

    Utilizing an old pair of polarized sunglasses for a window.

    Plan to use ultrasonics to determine distance between window and an observer wishing to peek in. The closer the observer gets, the more they can see inside. A servo motor will rotate 90 to 0 degrees according to observer’s nearness to window. This operates opposite to privacy (curiosity) on behalf of ADLIB-1. It ought to surprise most observers.

    The rotating lens (bottom lens of the two) should not be noticeable.

  • Peter Hausamann said 3 months, 3 weeks ago:

  • Michael Paquette said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

    Wow, this is fun stuff, Peter! I’m a newbie to this site and was very glad to see some Sci Fi representation here!

    Love your project!

  • Peter Hausamann said 3 months, 2 weeks ago:

    Thank you @smrjpaqu899 for visiting my build log.
    Welcome to imodeler. I am sort of new too.
    Looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Viewing 16 - 30 of 47 posts