P-40 - Defender of Perl...

Started by capt. R · 60 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 5 months ago:

@johnb thank you! Tomorrow will be some weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Hi my friend @lis!
    Supporting our friend's @gblair comments, I am aware that most P-40Bs were initially delivered with polished metal props, but had quickly their backs painted black, in order to be less reflective. Gradually they became all-black. So, an all-black prop for your model is probably correct.

• Profile Photo

You calmed me down a bit πŸ™‚ Maybe now I can sleep peacefully πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo

@gblair @pb_legend @tcinla @lgardner @johnb @fiveten @luftwaffe-birdman

After weathering. Oil Wash Modeler's World, Tamiya Master Set, dry pastels (smokes from barrels and exhaust). Also I made position lamps. Model is drying and waiting for final clear coat.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @lis!
    Nicely coming together!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 5 months ago:

Nearly there, Lis @lis
    Looking great already.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Looks good, the landing gear really turned out nice, the wash brought out some nice detail. I really like the way this bird is coming out, great pre-war markings.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@gblair @pb_legend @tcinla @lgardner @johnb @fiveten @luftwaffe-birdman Work is complete. I made radio wire, viefinder on engine cowling, and armoured glass in front part of canopy. I hope you like my work. Article on hedlines soon πŸ™‚ I go to sleep πŸ™‚

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Lis, @lis
    Very Nice ! Your Pearl Harbor P-40 looks wonderful.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I fully echo our friend's @lgardner comment, my friend @lis!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Defintely like your work, Lis @lis
    Looking forward to it being presented on the headlines.

• Profile Photo

@lgardner @fiveten @johnb Thank You! I'm glad that you like my work! The construction was really nice and the number of problematic situations during assembly was surprisingly small. There were problems with the fairing at the very end. I wanted it to be open, because this was theoretically possible provided by the manufacturer in the manual. Unfortunately, it was technically impossible. But I will write more about it. This time I am really happy with the painting. I seem to have avoided any significant obvious mistakes. I am thinking about another model. I thought yesterday that it would be a P-40 from Darwin, but it turned out that a friend is selling a rare P-40 kit from Africa at a good price (it would be a chance to visit the desert war group πŸ˜‰ ), which I also dreamed of and I don't know what to start now πŸ™‚ I also dream of an on-board fighter, a few recently appeared on the news and made a big impression on me with their sea-color camouflage paint job. I have in store Wildcat from the second Battle of the Philippine Sea, which was the largest naval battle in history and the last to face battleships ... What do you think? πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Fabian said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks for inviting me to this group. My build schedule for the next several months includes a Testor's/Fugimi 1:24 1987 Toyota Supra (given to me by a friend 30 years ago for being a groomsman in his wedding and left unfinished since then) and a Special Hobby 1:32 Westland Whirlwind. Unfortunately neither one of them was present at Pearl Harbor on that fateful day. If I were to have a build, I would probably go for a PBY Catalina, though I'm not sure if there is a kit on the market worthy of the subject. I will be following this group with great interest.

• Profile Photo

@gwfabian You are welcome! πŸ™‚