The boat I always wanted. Or, Why do I do these things?

• 7 posts
  • Last reply 10 months, 1 week ago
Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts
  • California Steve said 3 years, 3 months ago:

This is a 1965 1/35 scale Chevy Nomad station wagon (top) mated to a 1/48 scale PCF swift boat hull. Just a rough mock up at this time. Nothing has been glued in place.
    I love this hull design and with the wagon top works right into the 1960s design for a sedan type cruiser. More to come.
    California Steve

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Joe Rennie said 3 years, 3 months ago:

nice job I remember a few cruisers that had sort of cabin style

• Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Steve, amazing stuff, as usual. Swords into plowshares, or something.
    One wonders what the Nomad will morph into, the Monkeemobile? George Barris after multiple Twinkies?
    Keep up the good work, we’re pulling for you!

• Craig Abrahamson said 3 years, 3 months ago:

They look made for each other….I like it! Don’t forget the lighted directional signals – 🙂

• California Steve said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Well Guys, It seems I can’t click in to answer you individually soooooo.
    I will say I have planed this for quite a while. I have been going
    on U tube and checking out a lot of restorations. If you do, check out the smiles of the owners while there boating along. No one makes a model of these so I had to be creative. I just might have a ‘Bevy of babes’ riding in her when completed. I am taking a few days off and going to Sequoia for a mini vacation and I will pick up the project when I get back.
    Thanks for the nice words.
    California Steve

• Carl Smoot said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Well I wanted to test posting an image to one of these forums and I happened to run across this posting. Funny thing was I was looking at the PT-109 post and thinking what it would take to convert that into a rendition of something else I am working on. One of the reasons I left modeling 8 years ago was that I was starting to consider building a boat. It took me a few years to get started and it’s not finished yet, but here is a picture of where it’s at today. I know it’s not modeling and I won’t post anything additional. As i said, this is simply an opportunity to test posting an image since I don’t have any models finished yet.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Robert Royes said 10 months, 1 week ago:

Nice, Steve. It reminds me of an old UPC kit I did when I was a kid.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts