1/32 Mitsubishi A6M5c Zero from old Hasegawa kit #S11 (1980 rebox)

Started by Michael Ezat · 12 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years ago:

My cabinets continue to have a multitude of ghosts of the past, shouting for justice, so I do not decide to take in my hands the new super kits that have begun and build their own columns but to give -at last- the attention that the old warriors.

One of them is this one , an old school Hasegawa A6M5 Zero (same class with the recently finished Me 262) .

That means in general , right in dimensions and shape , with basic details (out and in) and many options : OOB straight , OOB with some additions , a full and totally reconstruction , or just forget it and go for the next project !

Having in my stash some goodies for this old beauty , the decision was fatal the third : a full reborn !

Plans down , new blades on cutters , clean working area and let the show begin !

First step is to sand everything out and re-scribe/re-riveting all from the beginning following the blue prints .

Then cutting some areas that will replace with resin or photoetched parts . And then add some scratch parts from styrene sheet - rods - beams etc .

A small difficulty is the fact that being old its plastic is quite fragile and needs a lot of attention in the process of re-riveting , but fortunately this kit is quite cooperative, one would say it wants to be made. After so many years of waiting, it could not be otherwise .

This is the news for now , I hope next days have a good update .

Please feel free to comment as you like .

Untill then , have good times !

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years ago:

A nice entry, my friend @faraomike! What a bunch of extra goodies!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 2 years ago:

@faraomike Looks like you are off to a great start. I have the old 1/32 Ki-43 and plan on upgrading it, but if Hasegawa releases a new tool kit before I get started, then it will probably be left untouched.

• Profile Photo

Spiros , enthusiastic as always .
    All of those goodies is the result of my many years of cooperation with these companies. So since I have them in my hands, why not use them?

• Profile Photo

Come on Woody , give the old one a chance , it deserves .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years ago:

Very nice kit, Michael @faraomike
    It will end up beautifully with all the extras and you being the builder.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 11 months ago:

Strapped in - and as usual looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 year, 10 months ago:

The time passes quickly but the work is a bit late . In any case , the rough part is finished , and this means I have sanding all the inner and outer surfaces and finished the hundreds of rivets one by one , followed by the first step of building a realistic/detailed cockpit .

Also the landing flaps (in and out) are ready , some panels are already scratched from plastic sheet , landing wells are on , the outer fuel tank panel on one wing is open (tank still not in place) and the wing parts (upper and lower) are glued together .

About 30% of the whole effort is here .

Next steps , are finished the cockpit , engine assembly - painting , clossing the fuselage etc , etc ...

I don't know when , hope soon , will have more to post .

Until then , please be my guest and feel free to coment as you like .

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Excellent work on the riviting, Michael @faraomike
    Together with the upgraded interior the realism has already improved a lot.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 10 months ago:

Amazing job, my friend @faraomike!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Nice work on this. I love seeing stuff like this built and remember when that kit was state of the art.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 year, 7 months ago:

Unfortunately, after about two months of vacation and having started AND finished another kit in the meantime, I have put it aside temporarily, without much enthusiasm to continue it. Don't worry though, soon it will be his turn again ...