1/48 Fine Molds Ki-10 ”Perry” Biplane

Started by Louis Gardner · 51 · 11 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Man - how did I miss this whole adventure! I love what you ended up with, and realized I don't have a Ki-10 in the stash - going to have to go looking now! If you ever want to try rigging with EZ again, one tip I have is to use Gatorgrip Glue instead of CA. It is easier to get exactly where you want it, dries flat so disappears better than CA. You do have to leave each attachment point to dry for about 30 min. for the glue to really set, but using tweasers, a spring clamp, and 3rd-hand tweasers combination allows for me to place the end of the line in position and let dry, then carefully press on the clamp to open the end of the tweasers and extract the holding rig. Let me know if you want a pic of that set up...

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Louis, this Ki-10 “Perry” looks great! I like biplanes too, I flew one twice myself, a DH Tiger Moth! Thanks for sharing this journey with us my friend! Take care!

• Profile Photo
    Ken Glass said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great work, Louis. Please consider building another.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Ken Glass (@kenglass)
    Thank you, I have considered doing just that. I have wanted to build one up wearing the camouflage from China. This one has been done for a while, so I should post it up in the headlines. This is a great building kit.

• Profile Photo
    Ken Glass said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Yes, I have 2 on the bench now.

• Profile Photo
    Bill Koppos said 11 months ago:

Late to the party. When cutting out tinies, I roll up a piece of crappy beige standard masking tape. It seems to be stickier than Tamiya. Put it on a flat surface or cutting mat, and chop the parts over the tape. They will (usually) push down on to the tape and get stuck instead of flying. Now you can pick them off with tweezers or fingers and give them another chance to fly. Blue tack on a tooth pick can help.