A6M3 Zeke Tamiya 1/48

Started by Bogdan Ionete · 13 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Tamiya, Zeke
  • Profile Photo
    Bogdan Ionete said 4 years ago:

Hello all!
    Just started this beautiful kit, so it's a great idea to share it with you.

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years ago:

Boy oh boy this looks fantastic ! I especially like the details in the cockpit and on the engine.

This one hits close to home, as I currently have a few A6M-3's underway. Some of mine are the model 22, while the rest are model 32's. The major visual difference is the squared off or rounded wing tips... They are included with a pair of G4M Betty's and a pair of Tamiya P-38's. Here's a link if you're interested. I have included some decent information here that might be of assistance to you.

https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/operation-vengeance-tamiya-p-38-miss-virgina-g4m-1-yamamoto-betty-and-a6m-3-zero-in-1-48-scale/

This is some very fine work underway right here ! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us next. Thanks for starting this build journal.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years ago:

Impressive work, Bogdan!

• Profile Photo

Thanks

• Profile Photo

Did some steps forward

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Hi Bogdan! I can see you're doing extremely fine job. Cannot wait to see your progress! I've got the still good Hase 1/48 Zero type 11 and wanted to start it with this GB as Saburo Sakai's plane (a pilot that I admire). I am embarrased to say ...I could't find it in my shelf of doom, my friend...
    I wish to locate it and start it. Your build is tempting me more and more to do so.
    Excellent work!
    All the best!

• Profile Photo

Engine in place

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Great! I love the black-with-a-bluish-idea color.

• Profile Photo
    Bogdan Ionete said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Some new stuff

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Very nice work

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years, 12 months ago:

That marbling contrast really paid off, some fine work there hoping to see the complete model

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 12 months ago:

Totally agreed with my friends @blackadder57 and @holzhamer: quality work that shows.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 12 months ago:

This is amazing at how the paints contrast with each other. It really looks nice.