Hasegawa Tenzan (Jill) 1/48th

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 8 · 4 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 4 years ago:

This will be my initial build for the GB, nice to do a subject you don't see much of. I am looking forward to seeing what others will present. This will be a fun GB.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years ago:

Chuck, that is one interesting choice! I'm tuned in on this build too 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 4 years ago:

Hey Chuck @uscusn

Count me in for tuning in on this build too ! That's a great choice, and if time permits, I'm excited to see what other "Imperial" kits you might have in store for us.

Thanks for joining in on the "Madness". You really don't see too many of these planes built.

Take care and stay safe...

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 years ago:

Fantastic entry, Chuck! Maybe I'll enter mine too. This GB is gets addictive...
    All the best!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 4 years ago:

Hi Chuck, fantastic choice. A rare bird indeed! Can’t wait!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Eric, rarely seen but looks like a great kit in the box, I think I can fold the wings, will do a review on this shortly.
    Louis, you know you started something special with this GB, some amazing builds on some rare stuff are being presented. This is going to be fun.
    Spiros, yes sir, it is, this is one GB that will get me to probably build up maybe 2 more entries.
    Thanks Paul, have't seen a Jill built in quite awhile.

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 4 years ago:

Looking forward to the build. I just went over mine from two years ago. The interior goes together well. A couple of parts need to be glued to the floor and then, later on, matched up to holes in the right fuselage. Fiddly but doable. I used the instrument panel decal and it was a right pain in the keester. I had gaps at both wing roots and used plastic card to even things out. I couldn't find anywhere to install a spacer to force the fuselage apart but maybe you will or maybe you won't need to. The wing fold option is great. It looks flimsy but is actually pretty strong. I struggled with the tiny fuselage windows being too big and in the end used Elmer's Clear School Glue to make the windows; this stuff worked fantastic and is what I also use to attach my clear parts. Can't say anything about the decals as my aircraft is a "captured" one, posted here

• Profile Photo

Thanks George, I appreciate the heads up on what to look out for. Sounds like the cockpit floor has similar issues like the Tamiya Dinahs that don't quite fill the lower sections of the interior floor. Ok for a fully enclosed multi engine mostly covered up fuselage despite all the glass. Let see how this comes along on the more open cockpit and rear compartment on the Jill. The small fuselage windows were a concern, your tip will solve that issue, as I use Testors clear cement all the time for such instances. I also use it to attach low stress PE bits.