J7w1 1/48. Zoukei Mura

Started by Paul Barber · 69 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Amazing how all these pieces will come together systematically. Looks iconic already! This is a fantastic build.
    P.S. I CAN see at some spots some plain texture between the ejector pins (lol, apart from a beauty, she's also an ejector pin queen!).
    All the best, my friend @yellow10!

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Some pretty impressive looking innards

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Looks like you are in for a busy weekend!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 11 months ago:

Gorgeous build so far!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years, 11 months ago:

So not much progress, but waiting for some bits and pieces to turn up I started to think about the undercart. At the time of release I hoovered up the aftermarket parts and have just had a look at the metal ‘struts’ as ZM call them. Here are a few snaps of the kit parts next to the metal parts.

And the standing pilot. Not convinced that the test pilot of a prototype would be ‘packing’ a full sword, but who am I to quibble with a bit of fantasy building. This whole build feels a bit ‘manga’ anyway!

I’ll clean up both sets of undercarriage and see which ones work best. Although the metal ones don’t look wonderfully convincing at the moment!

• Profile Photo

Hi Paul @yellow10! nice to see the struts compared side by side. Indeed the choice is not obvious at the moment. I loved the pilot figure. He looks determined!
    Cheers, my friend!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 11 months ago:

@yellow10, I have the same discussion with myself - metal or originals. I have yet to use the metal ones for any of my builds, but have them in the stash for various planes. I shall be following the result here with interest!

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years, 11 months ago:

A small update - some detail on the prop - most of which will, again, disappear. A little pastel On the blades and some dry brushing of the Uschi steel powder on the back plate.

• Profile Photo

Prop looks really great Paul. This is amazing attention to detail!