Ki-45 Toryu (Nick) ”Mini” group build. ”Build em if ya got em”

Started by Louis Gardner · 200 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Chuck, @uscusn
    By the looks of things you will have this one wrapped up soon. It's really looking good !

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Just about Louis, have some minor details to attach. First with the landing gear.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 2 years, 10 months ago:

This step will start with the tail wheel before assembling the landing gear.

Now to start to assemble the main gear strut assembly. Starting with the strut and oleo scissor.

Then the retraction actuators.

Then the landing gear assembly is placed into the wheel bay. Very good contact points that provides a solid contact points to assure longevity.

Next to attach the gear bay doors. 2 for each side. Contact points are very good here as well.

I will be using True Details resin wheels for the Nick. First the hubs are painted Vallejo Aluminum.

Next using Eduards hub masks to cover the wheels.

I use Nato Black to paint the tires.

in the meantime the landing gear is set and ready to have the wheels installed.

Using Gorilla Glue to attach the wheels to the gear stub axles. Flat/weighted spot level with the deck.

Next up the antennas and props.
    More to follow.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That's a great progress, my friend @uscusn!
    Great to see this beauty standing on her feet; I especially like the resin wheels: they look very realistic!
    Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Those wheels are a real improvement.