Kyūshū J7W1 Shinden (震電, "Magnificent Lightning"), No. 1 Aircraft, Aug. 1945, Hasegawa, 1/48

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 56 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Empire of Japan, Hasegawa, Kyushu J7W1, Shinden
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 8 months ago:

The work you have just posted looks fantastic. I agree with you in that as a prototype, the plane was most likely kept very well. Your figure painting skills are much better than mine are... It is the thing I am not very good at.

• Profile Photo
    George Henderson said 3 years, 8 months ago:

This is looking great Spiros. I've seen photos of this aircraft before but this is the first time I noticed how flimsy looking the front landing gear was

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Thanks for liking my friends @lgardner and @blackadder57!
    I bet Kyushu designers had a small headache when they had to design the Shinden MLG: long enough to provide the so much desired prop ground clearance, yet as light as possible...

• Profile Photo

My "Magnificent Lightning" received a satin coat:

and drying...

• Profile Photo

I attached a properly cut tiny clear acetate (ok, from my sons' bisquits package) sheet on top of the gunsight base;

Looks better now!

I attached the clear parts, that fit very well, the few remaining microgaps taken care of with a smear of white glue, faired over with a damp cotton bud.

I run a piece of silver stretched sprue at the antenna masts, that look very unusually placed and very impressive indeed! Waiting for the glue to cure, so I can stretch it with my wife's hairdryer.

Glued the intimate propeller at the shaft.

Lieutenant Commander Masayoshi Tsuruno is almost ready for his mission, too, lacking only painting his belts and doing microtouchups:

Some microtouchups to his Shinden will also be required.

All the best!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Great!

• Profile Photo

Microtouchups performed, both at Lieutenant Commander Masayoshi Tsuruno's figure and also at his Shinden.
    Also, the antenna wire was tightend by usung the hairdryer process.
    I placed Lieutenant Commander Masayoshi Tsuruno by his Shinden, calling this baby done!

A big thanks to all of you, my friends, for following along my Shinden build. Your company and constructive commenting is utmostly appreciated.
    On to the headlines soon!
    Now, where is that lovely Nichimo Ki-45?

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Well done my friend. It is an absolute beauty!

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @airbum!

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 8 months ago:

Hi Spiros. This is an impressive build and one mighty fine Shinden! It still ranks as my all time favourite Japanese airplane. You made that rough diamond sparkle in all the right places. Well done!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Morne @mornem! I am proud you like my work!