Nakajima B6N2 Tenzan (Jill) 1/48th Hasegawa

• 84 posts
  • Last reply 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
Viewing 76 - 84 of 84 posts
  • Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Thanks Spiros, a few torpedo toting aircraft projects these days. With another in progress.

• Louis Gardner said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Wow Chuck !!!!!! @uscusn
    Your “Jill” is looking very good, and the torpedo is magnificent. It also reminds me that I need to finish up my bare metal “Kate”………….. Then I might just start a larger Hasegawa 1/32 scale “Jack” to go with your “Jill”.

You just never know. Thanks for the updates. By the looks of things, you will be wrapping this one up soon. Keep it going my friend.

• Erik Gjørup said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Nice fish Chuck @uscusn!

• Chuck A. Villanueva said 4 days, 7 hours ago:

Thanks Louis, this was one balance kit in assembly, enough details, quality in the instructions, and overall enjoyment of assembly. Hasegawa still make some excellent kits with just enough details, crisp mouldings for a fun build. Not over engineered like some of the newer kit makers are doing.
    Erik, time to hunting.

• Chuck A. Villanueva said 4 days, 7 hours ago:

Now to add the lower gear door covers.

Then attach them in position on the main gear struts covering the wheels.

Now to set the Jill fully on her feet.

Now those pesky looking fowler flaps. The contact points are not the best and will most likely easy to knock off with any kind of handling.

They do offer an unusual look when attached to the wings. Especially shown extended out.

Already lost one of the actuators so one of the flaps already attached with only 3 actuators instead of the 4. They view from the top does give it some character.

That finishes everything from down under. Next to attach the prop after decaling and dull coating it.

Then the 4 bladed prop is pushed into the hub and the poly cap holds very well. Nice tight fit and spins freely.

Next up attach the wings and final details.

More to follow.

• Louis Gardner said 11 hours, 36 minutes ago:

Judging by the looks of things, you just might be headed to the headlines section soon. It’s looking great Chuck, keep it up buddy……………….

• Spiros Pendedekas said 9 hours, 32 minutes ago:

Looking amazing, my friend @uscusn!
    As usual, excellent presentation.
    Looking forward to see this beauty crossing the finish line!

• Erik Gjørup said 5 hours, 13 minutes ago:

Hey ho, hey ho, a’ huntin’ we will go. . . .

Getting ever closer to the chequered flag here Chuck!

• Pedro L. Rocha said 4 hours, 32 minutes ago:

This is one slick airplane, perhaps the most elegant of the Japanese torpedo bombers. Looking forward for the final reveal.
    That Vallejo steel seems to reproduce the dark steel color I’ve been looking for to paint some sections of my P-47, I’ll try to find a jar on my LHS soon

Viewing 76 - 84 of 84 posts