Nakajima Ki-115 Tsurugi (剣, ”Sabre”), Eduard, 1/48

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 64 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Empire of Japan, Ki-115, Tsurugi
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Thanks Louis @lgardner for the liking and for the very nice info!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 10 months ago:

Spiros - congratulations on the new found capability with inserting pictures! Next lesson will be headlines and bold text 🙂
    Anyway - back to the build; @fiveten it looks awesome. I really like the green "edge" and the factoryfresh finish. Can't wait to see the roll-out!

@lgardner, as for your comment, the same was true for german planes in Denmark - no props and off to the smelters as soon as possible. Sad in one way as there were lots of incredibly interesting kites (many of them went to allies for testing and some survives today at museums), understandable in another way.

• Profile Photo

Thanks @airbum!
    ...headlines?
    ...bold text?
    ...mainstream 1/48 Vautour?
    Yes! Miracles can happen!
    All the best, my friend!

• Profile Photo

Mr Mark Softer did his magic and the decals snuggled into everything.
    Gave my Tsurugi a black wash to bring out the skin details.

Also painted the U/C legs gun metal, as this is the colour indicated in the instructions and it is the one I observe at all Tsurugi pics.

All the best EoJ GB!

• Profile Photo

Hi everyone!

Glued the PE instument panel and applied the decal on top, followed by an application of Mr Mark Softer that made it snuggle to the PE panel nicely.

Glued the wheels to the LG legs. Nedded very delicate alignment, as the gluing area is minimal.

Didn't like the styrene pitot, so I made one of a needle.

Glued the exhausts around the cowling.

Decalled the propeller and almost finished the transparencies (some touchups are required).

Bombs almost finished.

All the best!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 10 months ago:

You have been very busy, and it all looks fantastic. Great work Spiros.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis @lgardner!

• Profile Photo

Fitted the propeller to the engine. Had to fabricate a fatter axle, as the original had excess play
    Fitted the engine and did very very subtle engine staining and equally subtle tyre and tyre area weathering.

Had a sink mark created aft of the bottom right exhaust, due to my careless application of glue.

Have put two layers of white glue, waiting to cure to touch the area up. Hope it will turn good.
    Cheers!

• Profile Photo

"Uneven" matt-ish coat applied and drying...

Bombs turned out not that bad.

• Profile Photo

It's almost complete now... and looking better than ever. It shouldn't be too much longer and this one will be in the headline section. Fantastic work here...

• Profile Photo

Thanks my friend @lgardner for watching, liking and inspiration!

• Profile Photo

Windscreen and canopy fitted, their edges faired with white glue, waiting to cure.
    Noticed some crazing in the windscreen, not that obvious. Could very well be the raw material Nakajima used...they used whatever was there, at those running-out-of-time circumstances...(suits yours truly fine!).
    Gunsight fitted.
    A few touchups and we'll cross the finish line!
    All the best, EoJ GB!

• Profile Photo

Man oh man ! You say that you're almost done. It looks finished to me... Fantastic results too. I wouldn't be too concerned with the windshield. It's not noticeable in the pictures.

• Profile Photo

Thanks Louis @lgardner!

• Profile Photo

Hi everyone!
    Spot (!) futured the windscreen and the crazing was diminished, making me very happy.
    A few touchups here and there and...

call it done!

Thanks everyone who joined me in this fantastic ride, with your comments, advices and, most of all, your warm support.
    I am honored to be considered your friend.
    Please check the headlines soon, for the final report!
    Now, where is my Jake's Kinsei reincarnated Kotobuki engine?
    All the best, Great EoJ GB!