Hope everyone is safe and doing well.
Weekend update from my bench in Williamsport, PA.
Not at work! Hockey on the TV! Modeling on the bench!!! Loving IT!
Removed the kit fenders.
Created front and rear replacement fenders with thinner sheet styrene.
Kit “tool” box: removed top, thinned walls and top, added wear and tear.
Because the port side hatch will remain open and the interior will be visible when the dio is completed I closed off the port side hull underside with sheet styrene, added the interior seat for “visual depth” and painted visible areas with light gray.
1. CLOSED THIS AREA WITH SHEET STY
The starboard side will not be visible so I did not close off the hull opening.
Removed kit grilles.
1. KIT GRILLES
2. ADDED INTERIORS
Because they will be visible when completed I added and painted interior parts.
Formed and added wear and tear to the photo etch grilles.
Added wear and tear, including battle damage, and attached front fenders.
Modified kit engine grille with photo etch louvers.
I did not get to start the figures so they are still on the to-do list.
Starting the diorama base/features. (Kits within themselves)
Until next time fellow iModelers:
Stay safe, stay healthy and, as always, KEEP IT FUN!!!