Kinetic 1/48 FMA IA-58A Pucará - Finished!

Started by Eric Berg · 143 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 1 month ago:

I already dove in. This is a great kit.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Dive away, and I shall be strapped in @eb801!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Looking forward to it, my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Hi Eric. Glad to see you decided to add your Pucara. It will be very welcome. BTW, did you know that the Argentinians experimented with mounting a torpedo on the Pucara towards the end of the War (according to Wikipedia)? The didn't use it but they did test it, I believe. Some modeling possibilities there. 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 3 years ago:

I got mine from LM Eric, arrived in about 3 weeks (I'm in Aus). Best of luck with it - looking forward to seeing your build pan out!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years ago:

Well I'll be darned, I came home today and there was the Kinetic Pucara kit on the kitchen table. Talk about quick! I ordered this from LM on the 16th, it shipped on the 17th and arrived early today, the 22nd. Very impressive. However, I did pop for the airmail service to California.

I didn't expect this so quickly as I am still doing my homework, but...the box is now opened and yes, it looks to be a superb kit. Pucara here I go! Off to the wash tub.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years ago:

I recommend the book “The Pucará Story,” by Dr. Ricardo Caballero and Phil Cater, published by Mushroom Model Publications - all the information your heart can desire.

My review of the kit will be at Modeling Madness on Thursday.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

That was quick, my friend @eb801!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

I still gets amazed by how quickly things get send these days with very limited airliner bellycargo activity going on. And then to get airbrushparts from 40 miles away takes months 🙂
    Looking forward to happenings here after the soap is washed off!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 12 months ago:

THE BUILD BEGINS
    With the arrival of Spring, I've been spending most of my time prepping our large vegetable garden and fruit trees plus helping my wife get her zillions of dahlias planted. Not much time for modeling. However...

Just finished most of the Pucara cockpit. Since there is no PE instrument panel or decals included with the kit, I took the easy road and just highlighted the empty molded dials with a white pencil. The seats are not glued in place.

I am beyond impressed with the quality of Kinetic's molding on this kit. It's really impeccable and a wonder to gaze at. The fit appears to be excellent. I don't anticipate any headaches down the road. Now I just have to figure out which Falklands/Malvinas Pucara livery to do. Stay tuned!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Erik, @eb801
    Wow ! The completed cockpit looks very good... I have never seen one of these planes in real life (to my knowledge anyhow), but the "office" looks very authentic. Your painting skills have made it really pop. I'm happy to hear the parts fit nicely. Nothing is worse than an ill fitting kit. That takes the fun out of it for me.
    I'm looking forward to the next update.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Looking great, my friend @eb801! Such a beautiful cockpit!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Yes, that's looking good. Looking back, I would use the p-e seatbelts, as you have demonstrated they do look good.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Looks great, Erik (@eb801). I got mine last week and it is already packed up for my upcoming move. I can enjoy this kit vicariously through your build.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 12 months ago:

Eric @eb801, great to have this one started! The fellow iModelers said it all in their nice replies, so I shall just comment on your other work; Who can say no to help out with a few zillion dahlias - that will be awesome in no time at all now!