Water Wings Group Build 1/72 Revell/Matchbox He 115 and Italeri Cant Z.506 Airone

Started by David Mills · 9 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    David Mills said 7 years, 7 months ago:

Thought I would start off with the Matchbox He 115 which has been lurking in the stash for some time - that coloured plastic has a strange fascination. As do Italian aircraft particularly tri - motors. So get the Heinkel out of the way first and then on the Airone !

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 7 years, 7 months ago:

I love all the Italian multi-engine stuff, especially the tri-motors! Looking forward to seeing these...

• Profile Photo
    Jaime Carreon said 7 years, 7 months ago:

David, I just finished the old Matchbox He-115 and it was a fun build for sure. Looking forward to seeing your builds!

• Profile Photo

So here we go - the box has disintegrated and bits come off the sprues - but here they are.
    Some aftermarket decals will be needed...

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

David, I don't think anyone makes aftermarket decals specifically for this kit, but you should be able to piece them together from generic sheets. The other option is to find the sheet from the current Revell Germany issue, though it doesn't have the swastikas on it. Here is mine, if you're interested:

Heinkel He-115, Matchbox 1/72
  • Profile Photo

Davis, just remembered I still have the second set of markings from the Revell sheet I used on my model, has the code letters and squadron markings, as well as the walkway decals and stencils I didn't use. You're more than welcome to them if you need them.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 7 years, 7 months ago:

It's a classic kit, and I can see that you even have one in multi-color plastic, wonderful!

• Profile Photo

Thanks Jaime - I'll see what I can find and let you know if I have any success - I have found some photo etch from kuivaleinen? - will post a copy at the weekend!

• Profile Photo

There was a photoetch cockpit for this kit from a company called Extratech and a vac canopy from Falcon for sale at one time, but I don't know if they are still available.