1/32 F4U-1 Corsair

• 19 posts
  • Last reply 1 month, 1 week ago
Viewing 16 - 19 of 19 posts
  • George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 2 weeks ago:

Kit is looking great, especially without an airbrush. An airbrush and compressor have a high upfront cost, but once you get one you will wonder how you ever survived without one. I still occasionally use paint from a spray can, such as Vallejo or Tamiya, but airbrushes are so much more controllable.

• Jordyn Collier said 1 month, 1 week ago:

I think I’ll eventually get one, but for now, I’m happy painting by hand. Maybe not for german armor camo, but such is life sometimes.

• Louis Gardner said 1 month, 1 week ago:

What George said is right on the money. Having an airbrush is really nice. But I built models for many years and only used brush painting or occasionally I would use a spray can. For now if I were you I would concentrate on building and honing your skills. There’s nothing wrong with a brushed on paint job. Meanwhile you can start saving your money and get the airbrush setup later. My advice on that would be to get the best one you can afford. It’s a waste of time and money to buy a cheaper one of a lesser quality when you can spend a little bit more money on the purchase and get a better setup that will last you for years. They make some nice mid range airbrush kits that work nice and that’s what I would do if I had it to do over again. I wasted my time and money on some cheap stuff and they never worked out. So I would have been better if I simply saved up some more money and used it towards the purchase of a better version in the first place.

You can always ask around and see what others like or what they are using. You can get a better idea that way before you plunk down your cash.

• Jordyn Collier said 1 month, 1 week ago:

Good idea, Louis. I plan on getting a job soon, sonit will be nice and easy to get one. What would you suggest?

Viewing 16 - 19 of 19 posts