Updated 20/03/2022 detailing the old 1/32 Hasegawa Me 262 . Crossing the finish line !

Started by Michael Ezat · 75 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Glad you are back, Michael. It looks like things are still progressing nicely. I found one of these for a good price at my local hobby store, so I am glad you are working on this kit. I am sure mine won't contain even a fraction of the scratchbuilding you have done on yours.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Kindly words from a craftsman like you George , are very welcomed . This kit is all time classic and after so many year is a money worth . Is a good base for having a lot of fun and builds a perfect Me 262 .
    You know the way !

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 4 years, 3 months ago:

beautiful details! And a nice "tutorial" for detailing by following along... keep up the excellent work.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 3 months ago:

Thank you Greg ! I 'll do my best ...

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 2 months ago:

16/02/2020 Things are happens finally...

Hello my friends , how are you all ?
    My first update for 2020 is here (finally) and the news are good I think .
    Finally some things are come to a shape : cockpit is done , as well as the under the cockpit area (the bottom of the cockpit bathtub) .
    Alot of wire for the cabling and some pipes are the most important materials here together with some finger acrobatics . I hope the result is realistic enough .
    So , this is for now , the 262 project is still alive and will have a new update sooner this time .
    Until then , have a nice weekend !
    PS. The instrument panel , side panels and rudder pedals are from Eduard .

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Very nice, Michael. My mind still boggles at the amount of detail you are adding. Can't wait for the finished plane.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 years, 2 months ago:

Thanks George , me too !

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 9 months ago:

27/06/2020 A small apologise ...

Dear colleagues ,
    Please forgive my long absence, I will explain to you , I hope without tiring you the reasons .
    When Greece entered quarantine (because of COVIT-19) , I thought it was a good opportunity to move on to the three main projects I am working on (this one , a Wessex heli in 1/32 and a O-2A Skymaster in the same scale).
    Unfortunately, in both cases I had misfortunes, both in construction and in painting , resulting in both being left behind again and still incomplete .
    On the last lockdown days , when I was ready to return to the Me 262 , my beloved dog Silver , passed away .
    It was a sudden thing we didn't expect! The event shocked me and plunged me into immense mourning, making me lose my temper over anything that gave me joy before.
    I went through a process of revision and introspection, which fortunately over time softens and little by little I start approaching my modeling bench, false "playing" with pieces from here and there.
    On the next days we will leave for our summer vacations .
    I will definitely come back with an appetite for plastic and glue, so the first thing I will do is put back on this project and will try to heal the other two (are already in good way waiting to continue) .
    I hope for your understanding and patience, we will logically say it again under better conditions in September, until then I wish you a good summer and a happy holiday!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Michael, first sorry to hear that your beloved Silver has passed, there are no words that can make anyone feel better when losing the love of your dog. Coming home and there he his, tail wagging so hard as he welcomes you home, no matter your mood, he is there unconditionally it's a wonderful feeling. Our spouse, our children our family is a love unmatched, and the loss of any of them would be devastating, but there is a bond with your pet, as we don't get to have them for long, 10-20 years depending on the breed, each day precious, there love for you never falters. They live to please you every moment, the human emotion well we know about the silly arguments, and unruly children, such is family living. Your dog with a gentle pat, a massage on their belly, eat good, an atta boy or girl, is all they ask for. I have my little Chloe now 5 years and I love her to no end. Silver will always be a part of you, may he rest in peace and play in heaven with dog pals. Enjoy your summer, have fun and your projects will still be there for ya. We are here for you as well. God Bless

• Profile Photo

Your kind words are balm for my soul. Thank you my friend .

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 9 months ago:

Hi Michael @faraomike ,

Sorry to hear your Silver has passed. It's a very hard feeling and cannot agree more with Chuck's @uscusn words above.

"Kafetoula" is our neighborhood dog, never decided to stay in a single house, but to live in the borders of our small countryside style neighborhood, at the outskirts of Halkida town. She is strongly affected to us, the neighbours, myself included. She is utmost caring to our kids, and she is with us for a good 15 years now...an old lady, that all neighbors here are are addicted to...so I know what you mean by Silver's loss (thinking of our future probable loss...)

So have your vacation, coming back to your beloved hobby with renewed interest.

Your Me-262 looks fantastic, cannot wait to see it proceeding.

All the best!

Σπύρος

• Profile Photo

Thank you buddy , I appreciate your kind words .

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 7 months ago:

13/09/2020 Still here ...

My good fellows , how are you ? I am back from my long vacations (two full months) and after some small modifications and some arrangement of my working area plus a cleaning , I am back to bussines
    It's time to leave the sadness to go away and keep just the bitersweet memories stay with us .
    It feels weird to work without having my favorite Silver look on me, but little by little I will get used to it. Nevertheless, please allow me to dedicate this construction to him, for the sake of all the hours he has spent by my side watching me leaning on my bench.
    Slowly but steadily I am continue working with my dear Swallow , almost finishing and detailing the main and nose landing gear as well as the clear parts .
    I know this is a small update , soon will come much more .
    Until then , have you a nice weekend and keep up the good work .

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 7 months ago:

Hi Michael and welcome back!
    It is really good that you dedicate your project to Silver.
    Your job looks spectacular!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 7 months ago:

^

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.