Updated 20/03/2022 detailing the old 1/32 Hasegawa Me 262 . Crossing the finish line !

Started by Michael Ezat · 75 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Great camouflage Michael (@faraomike). I really try to avoid camo that I can't mask. My free hand work isn't always very smooth like yours.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Can imagen that your hand is painful after applying this scheme.
    Result is great.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Hello guys , how are you there ?
    Time for a small update . This is where I am now , after some fun time with airbrush and AK Air colors .
    No comments about , all goes easy and slow as usual (because simultaneous work on the Tigercat) .
    So , that's for now , I wish you a nice weekend . See you soon .

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 6 months ago:

That is some awesome freehanding Michael (@faraomike).

• Profile Photo

Thank you budy .

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 6 months ago:

Nicely done, Michael.
    Good hand control for this scheme.

• Profile Photo

Thanks John .

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Michael, @faraomike
    For some reason I have missed your updates on both your Tigercat build, and this magnificent Me-262 of yours. It wasn't intentional, believe me ! Now I have stumbled across how far you have come with your Hasegawa 262, and I have to make a comment about what I see here...

and that comment is this build is looking FANTASTIC ! I especially like your choice of various colors that were often seen on these planes. The "Late War" Luftwaffe machines have so many different ways to be painted. I like how you have represented yours, especially the colors you picked for the underside...

Well done my friend ! 🙂

You have inspired me to do some more work on my 1/32 scale Revell two seat night fighter... Currently it has the cockpit tub built, and it's been given a coat of RLM 66... but other than that nothing else has been done to it, for a long time now.

Thank you for posting this for us to see, and I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Have you made any more progress on the 262 ?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Michael @faraomike, I somehow unintentionally missed this posting too!
    And I missed a lot, I can see...
    Your painting skills are wonderful!
    Waiting for your next instalment, my friend!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 11 months ago:

And suddenly...end of COVID-19 lockdown and back to work ! Which unfortunately was accompanied by a strong pain in my back that kept me away from my bench for a few days .

Any way , now all the bads are gone and I am back with a small update , just to keep alive one of my threads .

I have finished with the corrections on upper surfaces of the 262 , painting the "putty" on panel lines and rivets and finally I was able to paint the white 34 (thanks to Erik's kind offer from HaldVærk { https://av8.dk/haldvaerk.html }) as an experimental first try to make our own masks - thank you Erik !

Great masks , with perfect fitting and absolute accuracy . Highlly recomented , I am looking forward to use them again in future .

Back to the model : alot of work is in front of me (painting the putty on the wing's undersides,finished the gunbay,landing gear bay and engine , wash etc) .

In any case , this is just to say "I am back" and "this article is not dead" as well as the other one with the Fi103 & Ohka .

Hope will continue soon and finish something before the end of our Easter holidays .

Keep safe and have fun .

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Michael, it was fun to make the masks, and I learned a lot, finetuning the cutting machine. I shall be looking forward to seeing the result on your 262!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Good to see that you are picking up this one again, Michael.
    Hope to see some progress soon.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Great catch up, my fiend @faraomike!
    Good to hear that our friend Erik's masks worked great!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Glad to see you working on this one again, Michael (@faraomike). I am looking forward to the final markings.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hello to all of you out there ! Happy and creative new year !

As I say on another topic , the promises are to be kept , so the time to resurrect the Me 262 it comes .

My first step is to finish -almost- with the landing gear , for easiest handling and less danger to crack any of the components that will slowly begin to protrude from the belly .

Then adding the nose armament , having to do some cabling and wash into this area .

The general impression is "so far , so good" and now I have to scratch the covers of the landing gear wells and to finish painting the engine as main steps , followed from some more smallest with all those small details that leave for ...later .

I will try to take advantage of my last free days to do as much as I can , so hope to have soon the next update .

Please feel free to comment and indicate anything that is considered to be taken into my attention .

19 attached images. Click to enlarge.