1/32 Zoukei-Mura Do-335 Pfeil

Started by George Johnson · 1 · 5 years ago · Do-335, Dornier, Pfeil
  • Profile Photo
    George Johnson said 5 years, 4 months ago:

I started this kit a couple of weeks ago, but haven't gotten very far. Had friends visiting from out of town and the got sick with a cold. The holidays aren't helping, either.

Anyway, I started with the cockpit area. I made straps from wine bottle foil and buckles were stolen from a 1/48 MiG-23 PE Set that I never used. Acrylic paints are from Mission Models. I added some wiring to the side panels to add interest and I'm currently working on a set of Z-M seatbelts made for them by RB productions. Sculpey was used for the seat cushion. I decided not to follow Z-M's painting suggestions entirely and am relying on some photos taken of the wheel wells and bomb bay of the example at the National Air and Space Museum that show them as bare aluminum (aluminium for those of you not in the US). Did you know that the official IUPAC name for that metal is Aluminium and not Aluminum? The name was changed when it became inexpensive to produce and was used in advertising and marketing by Reynolds Aluminum.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.