1/48 Hawker Hind.

Started by John Healy · 6 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

This is the recent AMG Hart kit finished as a Hind. I originally intended to include some build photos with my post in the main gallery but ended up with too many. I’m posting these here as a resource for anyone who wants to build this awesome kit.

24 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

What an amazing job, my friend @j-healy!
    The kit looks very good, as well!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years ago:

Thanks for sharing those, John.
    Interesting PE material included and well constructed.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years ago:

Thanks - very informative photos! The lines on the walls are they pencil? They just add that nice finishing touch.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 3 years ago:

Yes, Erik. I added stringer detail with a green pencil. Harts/Hinds could have had their interior tubing in silver, black, or gray. Interior metal panels and wooden structure be could be silver, gray, or gray-green. I went with gray tubing and instrument panel and gray green for the rest. I painted the fabric areas Humbrol brick red and then lightly airbrushed some heavily diluted light gray over it to simulate the red primer bleed through. The panel on the gunners floor is varnished wood, per photos. I did that with artists oil over acrylic tan.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years ago:

Interior is spectacular, John (@j-healy). Simulating the color of the fabric sides is cool.