1/48 Tamiya A-10A Thunderbolt II - with Lighting!

Started by David Kopielski · 34 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 3 years, 5 months ago:

The Thunderbolt is now complete! This build has been a tedious but fun build. The numerous accessories that were added and lighting work well together to bring the aircraft from the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) into an awesome display piece. The Tamiya kit itself was nice the way it was designed to be built. It made adding the LED’s and fiber optic lines a little easier. While many of the decals for the particular scheme were homemade, the kit decals I used were very good. They went down nicely.

I then carefully packed up the aircraft, test cart, and a CD filled with over 250 high resolution build photos into a box using foam supports, bubble wrap, and plenty of tape to keep everything held in place. The box was sealed and then placed in a larger box surrounded by foam peanuts to keep it all safe and secure for its trip to the northwestern United States. It is scheduled to be delivered today. The client purchased a hangar display base for this. Once he has it unpacked and on display he will take a couple of photo and I will update this log later with them. Thanks for following along.

You can see all the photos and details from start to finish in my build log at https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-a-10-thunderbolt-ii-dcs/

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Absolutely brilliant build, David @davids_models
    Thanks for taking us along your building process.

• Profile Photo
    David Kopielski said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Well it arrived in 99.999%. The gun barrel came loose. It was easily repaired. Here are the photos of it in its new home (before the gun barrel was re-attached). The client is extremely happy with it.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 5 months ago:

Looks a class apart, David!
    We like! We like!