Started by Thomas Probert · 27 · 5 years ago · Avro Shackleton, Scratchbuild
  • Profile Photo
    Rapid27 said 7 years ago:

Hi,

his work is really very impressive, what courage for this adventure

Eric

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 7 years ago:

This is the work of a true "model maker" - unlike most of us who merely assemble plastic.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 7 years ago:

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I wish I had the talent, the skill, the patience.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years ago:

What Craig said, craftsmanship of the first order. Thanks for letting us see it.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 7 years ago:

Wow - you have way more patience and skill than I! Stunning work thus far.

• Profile Photo
    Thomas Probert said 6 years, 8 months ago:

A few more progress shots of the outboard engine nacelles and 3D printed power eggs being installed. The model is now more or less structurally complete, and after nearly 18 months of hard work it'll all be down hill from here...!

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 8 months ago:

Thomas, you make me feel like what I build is cheating. Aside form the skill level it takes to engineer this and the artistry to catch the Shackleton's graceful sweep and form, the sheer patience, determination, and levels of concentration this requires just stagger me.

Bravo. A thousand times, bravo.

• Profile Photo
    Ray Seppala said 6 years, 8 months ago:

I have been following this one on another forum, did not realise you were posting here. Nice to see you getting there with this one Tom.

• Profile Photo
    Roberto Colaianni said 6 years, 7 months ago:

Well, i belive what you are doing define the meaning of the word "modelling"!

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 6 years, 6 months ago:

Amazing!

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Just wondering if you have any updates on the Shackleton, Thomas? This is a beautiful build and you have clearly gathered a huge amount of respect from some distinguished modelers here.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 10 months ago:

Amazing so far Thomas - I can't wait to see more... And the size of that beast! The shot overhanging your workbench made me cringe!