1/48 Eduard Mirage 2000D/N

Started by Lee Fogel · 2 · 6 years ago · 1123, Eduard, Mirage
  • Profile Photo
    Lee Fogel said 6 years, 6 months ago:

I bought this at a show last year for $5. It had been started (fuse halves together and cockpit roughed in) and was missing one of the resin seats. While I don't build much modern stuff the markings on this kit had always interested me. Plus, with the resin and PE upgrades, I figured it would be a nice kit when done. Anyhow, I contacted Eduard directly and they actually sent me the last two 'spares' of the seats they had! So, once they showed up I started on it. It's the older Heller molds and the fit was lousy. You can see the gaps for the wing roots and the spacer bars I had to glue into the fuselage to get it acceptable. Also, the fit of the intakes was spotty especially the port (left) side. The prior builder had done a shoddy job on the fuselage joins and the nose area needed a bunch of clean up and sheet styrene to fix gaps. At this point, I am completing the cockpit and masking the canopies off. Now that I am this point the effort feels worth it. But this kit is no picnic. I am building option B the desert scheme 2000N. https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/1123.pdf

7 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Lee Fogel said 6 years, 3 months ago:

Bring this one back from a lengthy hibernation.

I got the seats done over the past two evenings. I used AMMO's Oilbrushers for shading and am happy with the results. Just need to add the yellow stripes for the ejection pull ring and that's that.

Later,

Lee